AO Roll call?? whats the problem?

View Poll Results: Are online transactions safe anymore ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 28.57%
  • No

8 57.14%
  • Maybe

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO Roll call?? whats the problem?

AO Roll call?? whats the problem?

Whenever someone first signs up with AO. the first thing that is advised to them is to post a greeting in the Roll Call forum. i think this is a good idea as it helps as an ice breaker, however, when someone does post a role call, nobody even looks at them. now to me this might offset the feeling in the AO community to the newbie, and basically is a waste of time. now i know some of you are thinking of giving me negative points for this, but i think someone needs to speak up because when i first joined AO, i made a roll call and no one relied a simple friendly hello, and that really made me wonder whether this site was a waste of my time or not?? some of you AO members will agree with me and some wont. but it is upto you on how you feel about this opinion.

just remeber back when you guys first joined AO and made a roll call?? what happened when no body replied?? did you feel disgruntled? upset?? who knows but its an issue which needs to be looked at.

yours faithfuly,

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

I thought that you can't reply to a thread in roll call? I'm unsure about this, as I haven't tried it.

I think I read it somewhere on this site...

if you click here, you will notice that none of the threads have any replies, but it does show how many times it was viewed.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

We can't reply to a Roll Call. We only can read it, bump it up, and allow APs. But watch the numbers of views in the Roll call forum. They are read.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

I am sure a lot of people on AO will like to properly greet, and welcome those that post a roll call thread. We do not have that privilege, so don't be so upset about it. To all the newbies that think we do not bother to reply, just know that we can't that is why we do not. Like kisscool said the number of views are pretty high. So do not take any offense if your roll call thread was got no replies. -Ebo

When I first posted when I first posted I got assigned points that said welcome so people do look and welcome you and it is a good way for a newbie to learn how to post.I like to go in their and see who is new to this site.

ok. i may have overlooked this detail on not being able to reply to roll calls, but couldnt it be possible to make the roll calls replyable, this is just an idea in which may help newbies feel more welcome.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Banned
    I think I'm the only one who can reply to a roll-call, but you can't expect me to personally welcome every new member that posts a roll-call
    On that note: welcome to AO.

Edit: according to your profile, you never posted a roll-call

Personally, I tend to ignore the roll calls because many of them follow the same old formula: "Hello I am blah I want to learn yada yada yada."... I find them more useful for as things to see AFTER I know about the person, rather than as an introduction. There are just so many users.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

HELP IN HACKING TEST

Well for me its nice that you know you are welcome in this site for me im a newbie i dont know anything about the site when i go to the roll call i have read some info that i need. and i think its a nice way of welcoming new comers

i see a member sign up every 30-60-90 minutes,
    Or when it's low, not more than 3 hours, well atleast 10's of people sign up everyday
    like Terr said, there are just too many users
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"