I have a suggestion....

Thread: I have a suggestion....

I have a suggestion....

63.108.181.201 = Antionline

Fix this problem: Web Service

Web Server Software is Apache/1.3.26
    Security Issues

PUT Request Method allowed to root directory /
    WebScan will attempt to create a file called ntisroot.txt to determine if permissions are not set correctly
    Failed to create /ntisroot.txt.

http://63.108.181.201/search?

The search engine on Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5.x is enabled by default. It is possible, by using specially formed search requests to obtain the source scripts. The search engine and collections indexed should be checked carefully to see if this problem exists on this site. If the search functionality is not needed it should be disabled from the administration pages.
    The End Justifies The Means...

Re: I have a suggestion....

Originally posted here by brandon64_99
    63.108.181.201 = Antionline

Fix this problem: Web Service

Web Server Software is Apache/1.3.26
    Security Issues

PUT Request Method allowed to root directory /
    WebScan will attempt to create a file called ntisroot.txt to determine if permissions are not set correctly
    Failed to create /ntisroot.txt.

http://63.108.181.201/search?

The search engine on Netscape Enterprise Server 3.5.x is enabled by default. It is possible, by using specially formed search requests to obtain the source scripts. The search engine and collections indexed should be checked carefully to see if this problem exists on this site. If the search functionality is not needed it should be disabled from the administration pages.
    Maybe I am missing something but what is the problem here. Any scan of AO will tell you it is running Appache as it web service. The Webscan you ran failed, still don't see the problem? Given who runs this site, I am not sure there is too much risk. Having said the, there is no such thing as 100% security, however, I am sure all percautions and patches are in place to protect AO. After all the site is up for sale, the price of a SECURITY SITE would likely not be that great if the site was not secured.

Cheers
    h
    DjM