Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qnx

Question Qnx

Yes i was thinking about downloading QNX on my pc , so i can run another OS , and in the future linux will be easier to use.I downloaded the 195.1 MB version , and i am having nothing but problems with it.So i just got rid of it.Does anybody know a good place besides qnx.com to get a free version of QNX?
    -N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

I haven't tried downloading it from here, but tucows is usually a good download site. Good luck.

zaggy , i tried to download the version of qnx available.But when i try to execute it , it says that it is corrupted.ehh i ive tried everything.Any suggestions
    -N

Get a new computer? Or a new browser? What are you using to download? Tucows lets me download a nice version. I've used QNX for a long time, and whenever I have to format and reinstall, I always get it frmo tucows. Consider changing programs to download QNX. If you're using a browser, try a d/l manager, download accelerator perhaps, or another browser.

well i am running XP at the moment , and i use the typical IE browser.where is a good d/l manager located?or an accelerator?.
    -N

I would also recommend deleting all previous copies of download's before downloading another copy.

yes , i did that.

Did you make sure it isn't somehow partially installed on your system? I don't know if it shows up in add/remove in XP, as it does in 9x. It probably does so check there, and then make sure the qnx folder isn't in your c: drive. After that go to downloadaccelerator.com download the download manager, and get qnx from tucows again. It should work, if it doesn't, I would guess that qnx has a problem with XP. I've never downloaded from qnx before, their site is just too full of other stuff to quickly find the download, so just get it from tucows, I don't think you'll need the full version unless you're a developer. So after all that, see if it works, if not, either try getting a virtual computer, i.e. virtual pc or vmware, and try using those, after that check out the qnx site and see if they offer any pages on XP qnx help. And if all else fails, try e-mailing themm asking why qnx won't work with your XP computer, including a list of computer specs.

Did you make sure it isn't somehow partially installed on your system? I don't know if it shows up in add/remove in XP, as it does in 9x. It probably does so check there, and then make sure the qnx folder isn't in your c: drive.

Linux Elite , the QNX program is indeed listed in my add/remove programs list.But when i try to install it , it says cannot find c:\progra~1/qnx/qnx/iso un installation will not continue.I mean wtf.

accelerator

Originally posted here by n01100110
    well i am running XP at the moment , and i use the typical IE browser.where is a good d/l manager located?or an accelerator?.
    -N
    http://www.metaproducts.com