Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice

Question Advice

If you could give one piece of advice about AntiOnline to a newbie, what would it be?
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

Banned
    To read through already-discussed threads before they post their own. Oh, and to RTFM if Google doesn't yield anything worthwhile.

Arrow

Just lurk for a little while and get a feel for the place. Check out the FAQ, and have fun!

I am sure people are getting tired of me saying this, but i am only talking from experience. Do not whine about your ap's. plus the main purpose of this site is to learn and teach. I am sorry if there are those out there that are tired of hearing me say this, but the thread is asking what advice would you give to a newbie about AO. -Ebo

Try to make sure you post threads in the right place. For instance, if you are reporting a vulnerability in WinXP or something, do it in Microsoft Security Discussions, or if your writing a tutorial, do it in the Tutorials Forum. Welcome to AO and I hope you enjoy your stay!
    Space For Rent.. =]

I just want to thank everyone that posted here. I hope that your advice can help me in the future
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

Don't worry jenalynn, if you listen, and take all the advices that was giving to you from here. Including those that you will get from reading the sites FAQ, you will really find yourself to be successful, and gain lot from this site, and the members of it. Good luck, i hope that everything goes well for you as you go a long. -Ebo

Well , i would say for good advice is to just sit back and learn , and slowly work your way up.And read tutorials till your eyes bleed.youll be fine , no sweat.
    -N
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

Well ..I've been learning too ..so my adviced ..Read..learn...ask(maybe if you wanna check out google first, so many thing out there...if you looking for the answers )...never give up to solved your problem (mmm..like compiling,programming,etc..),knowledge is power and the last thing Wellcome to AO.....
    Not an image or image does not exist!
    Not an image or image does not exist!

Never whine about AntiPoints or abuse the AntiPoints system. I have seen more people get burned that way.

Another thing: Enjoy your stay here. Once you come in, there's no going back