Thread: AO & WinAmp

AO & WinAmp

Well, I tried the AO/WinAmp mixture. I followed the instructions exactly as listed. 2 problems/questions:

1) After installing the last file, an .xml I believe, a error message popped up and told me to click my left mouse button. This led to a barrage of error messages that kept coming up one after the other. BombShelter saved me from a eventual bsod I'm sure.

Question #1: "Must" winamp be installed on your C drive for this to work properly? Mine isn't.

Question #2: "Must" winamp access the internet for this feature to work? I'm guessing yes, but I didn't let it.

Question 1 answer: more than likely, yes... many times things are programmed assuming that you have installed the program on the C:\ drive, although this is bad programming practice IMO.

Question 2 answer: Yes, otherwise there's no way that the AntiOnline server could update what you're listening to.

There are no actual references to C:\ in the scripts, so I think your problem is just that winamp doesn't have Internet access. Not totally sure, but the scripts appear to be written so that winamp could be installed anywhere.

The error message I get is after clicking the "Open" button on the last part of the instructions. The message box is black with a red border. The lettering is in red as well, with the following message:

Script failure. Press left mouse button to continue..
    Guru Meditation #001C.FFFF012F.56 Null object called
    scripts/ListenTo.maki

This isn't an serious problem, I'm just wondering why it refuses to function properly when all I'm changing is the drive directory.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

HOOHAA! After uninstalling Winamp3 from my D drive and re-installing onto my C drive and following the instructions again, it worked! Thanks to Powertoad5000 and Jehnny! Apparently "C" drive is the key.
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

About connecting to the internet if only the script could create a .txt or a source where from the server could take the song, if it isn't on-line.
    Visit my seti team\'s site.