What will we do without AO?, really...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What will we do without AO?, really...

What will we do without AO?, really...

Guys,

There has been a lot of rumors but above all the "warning" on the main page saying that AO will end its days maybe soon. I REALLY DON'T WANT AO TO CLOSE THE SITE, NO I DON'T. This has became like an everyday "ritual" to me, it's like i really need to visit AO.com to ask my questions and help others every time i can. What could we do without AO?. If i think that me, a newbi in AO with only 45 posts (counting this), will really suffer if AO closes the site, what will the real or older AO members feel if this happens? Is there something we could do? Have there been news about someone that want to buy AO? if not, i hope J.A. changes his thoughts and keep the site for many more years, doing the awesome work he has done until now. What do you think? Is there something we can do?

Thanks.

Damn, good question. I never really thought about it. I don't know where I'd be or what I'd be doing if I had no AntiOnline. It's a scary thought that I don't want to think of, so I'm not going to say much more!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Re: What will we do without AO?, really...

Originally posted here by -DaRK-RaiDeR-
    Guys,

There has been a lot of rumors but above all the "warning" on the main page saying that AO will end its days maybe soon. I REALLY DON'T WANT AO TO CLOSE THE SITE, NO I DON'T. This has became like an everyday "ritual" to me, it's like i really need to visit AO.com to ask my questions and help others every time i can. What could we do without AO?. If i think that me, a newbi in AO with only 45 posts (counting this), will really suffer if AO closes the site, what will the real or older AO members feel if this happens? Is there something we could do? Have there been news about someone that want to buy AO? if not, i hope J.A. changes his thoughts and keep the site for many more years, doing the awesome work he has done until now. What do you think? Is there something we can do?

Thanks.
    Where does it say AO is closing down. All I see is it's up for sale, that doesn't mean it's shutting down. Let's not cause panic before it is time to panic, let JP run his business and we will all get on with our business.

Cheers:
    DjM

Developer Extraordinar
    No where does it say it does, but that dosn't mean it won't. Hopefully it won't. If there was no AO, I definatly wouldn't know all I know today, and there would probably be no such thing as unError. If there was no AO, then, well...life just wouldn't be the same. I love talking to all you on IRC. Ao kicks ass.

-MicroBurn
    Come to UnError.com

DjM,

It doesn't says AO will close but you can imagine it if no one buys it, but i hope you are so right, really, because i agree 100% with Spyder32, i'm "scared" too. I'm just trying to help seeing if someone have ideas of what to do.

Thanks again.

If AO closes down, we'll all have to make a new site. It'll have to have everything that AO has, but still i hope AO doesn't close down. They're the best! pEs

-g

Alright, I normally don't scare easily, but the idea of losing AO really frightens me. I just started getting into it. Do the irony gods really want me to pay for somthing I did in some past life.(kidding, i dont believe in past lives) All my best of hopes that J.P. will be able to keep the site or at leist make something close.

I for one don't plan on being an alarmist. So far there is no indication that AO is going to close down. If the place doesn't sell, JP hasn't said he will shut it down.

For all we know if the site does sell, it may be to someone who will make so many changes that it will not be the same site.

I just know that with everything I deal with on a day to day basis, adding losing AO to the list of concerns is premature.

Wow, If AntiOnline closes down, I don't know what I'd do. I'm newbie and I don't know much. I know most people wouldn't want to help me out. What's going to become of it all?!?!
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

hm...well i haven't been here all that long but in my short time here i have gotten some good help from people. i'm always have problems with my computer and it seems that there is someone on here that knows how to help me, and i also gain alot of knowledge with every help that i get. and without AO i'd be alittle lost in cyberspace. but i hope it doesn't shutdown, but if it does then hopefully there will be another site similar to this one to help me out