Symantec scholarship

Thread: Symantec scholarship

Old Fart

Symantec scholarship

As detailed in this article Symantec is offering a $25,000 per year scholarship in computer security at Perdue University. Application deadline is March 1, 2003, so if you're interested then it's time to get it in gear!!

Good Luck!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thanks allenb1963!! I'm going to look into this, I'm a senior in HS this year!
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

It's a gas!
    Yeah seems like a great opportunity for the lucky candidate!

Just a pity im on the other side of the world and a bit too old

r3b00+

thats kinda cool they do that, but im still kinda sceptic about anti virus people, like they write really scarey ons and then there the only company with a way to recognize its GUID.
    lol maybe im just tired.

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by TheFiend
    thats kinda cool they do that, but im still kinda sceptic about anti virus people, like they write really scarey ons and then there the only company with a way to recognize its GUID.
    lol maybe im just tired.
    Sorry to induce the wave of paranoia, fiend. As a parent with a son in college, I know first hand how hard those education dollars can be to scrape up.....just trying to help, not generate a debate concerning the underlying reasons of Symantecs altruism.

Or maybe I'm just tired too.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

oh i know man, i didnt mean it like that, was more just playin around than anything, and yea college is very hard to get money for, i hope you find a way to send your son to a great school, and hopefully more companies will do things like this.