What's the Auto-Subscribe trigger?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the Auto-Subscribe trigger?

What's the Auto-Subscribe trigger?

Does anyone know what the trigger is for AO to auto-subscribe you to a thread? I know you're auto-subscribed if you start a thread, but does it take a certain number of posts in a thread that isn't yours for AO to auto-subscribe you? Or is it the overall total length of your responses? I've been auto-subscribed to some threads after only a couple of lengthy posts, and sometimes I won't be subscribed after a bunch of shorter posts. Then again, maybe it just seems that way. Anyone got a line on this?
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

At the bottom of every thread, there is a small button that I can barely see called "Recieve updates (subscribe) to this thread". It's small and hard to see, but that's generally how you subscribe to a thread. Hope I helped!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    Hrmmm... Good question

I'm automatically subscribed to all threads I start/post in... without having to push that button you mention, Spyder32. I searched for the option, but I can't find it anywhere :/
    Maybe it's because I have e-mail notification turned on?

If I go to Site subscriptions (Member Functions) and select View All Subscribed Threads it shows every post I ever made, so I don't think it's got anything to do with the length of the post...

Yeah, then in that case, that is a good question . How are all (or maybe that was an exageration, I dunno, maybe just most of your posts) are subscribed to that respected thread? I either have to click the button or make the thread. Maybe it's when you do a quick reply? Maybe when you click the post reply you are subscribed? I'm not sure, there's an option in that too.
    Space For Rent.. =]

I'll get auto-subscribed to a thread sometimes, but not always. I'll always be subscribed if I start the thread. I've only subscribed to a thread once or twice on purpose, but sometimes I'll be auto-subscribed just by posting in a thread a few times. I'm thinking the trigger is 3 posts will auto-subscribe you, but I'm just speculating.

Try here under Site Options. If you don't want the auto-subscribe, perhaps try setting "Use 'Email Notification' by default?" to "No".
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

heres a pic of the link circled in red:
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I'm glad you brought this up roswell. For me it literally seems completely random. I'd love a concise explanation.
    \"Now it\'s time to erase the story of our bogus fate. Our history as it\'s portrayed is just a recipe for hate!\"
    -Bad Religion

I believe I read somewhere (I looked can't find it) that if you reply to a thread using the "Post a quick reply" at the bottom of the thread, you will not be subscribed to the thread, however, if you reply using the "post reply" button, you will be subscribed. I'll keep looking for the thread this was in and post a link if I find it.

Cheers:
    DjM

Ah, that would explain it, DjM. I would definitely appreciate that link if you find it. Thanks!