Thread: lost network connections???

lost network connections???

Hey what's up guys?? I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem.. I've never had this problem before so I don't know what's up. I needed to go into my network connections and when i got in I noticed that nothing was shown. I had no way of getting to my TCP IP settings. All the menu's have just disappeared. I can't even go through Network Connections in the control panel?? Is this a bug of Win XP??? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    \"Success is my only option, failure is not\" - Eminem

Hi,

If you mean that your LAN isn't working and all the icons of the network connections have disappeared, assuming you know how to do it, you can uninstall your network card, reboot your PC, and installing the network card again, then you can reenter your TCP/IP configuration. This is the fastest way to do it instead of start looking which the problem is. If this is not the problem, then please explain again what's your real problem.

Good luck.

i tried that and it didn't work..

Here we go from the beginning..

If you right click on Network Places and select Properties, it opens up the window with your network connections. Then you can right click on the NIC Card and get to your TCP/IP properties. Those windows along with the network icons on the taskbar have disappeared. I cannot access my settings. I have no clue why. Hopefully that cleared it up. Any help is appreciated.

Chris
    \"Success is my only option, failure is not\" - Eminem

94 AccoLude,

Mmmm..., really weird. OK, then you could try restoring your system to an early date when you know your network connections were functioning correctly. Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System tools/System restore (or something similar, i've got an spanish version of Windows XP) and here choose to restore your system to one of the many restore points. Write down the programs you install that date because maybe you'll have to install them again.

On purpose, have you checked your PC for virus files???

Well, good luck again!!!