anti-war protest please sign

Thread: anti-war protest please sign

anti-war protest please sign

i duno if this is a good idea, but i dont care.

anyone here that wants to say anything against war post here.

leave a small msg, rant and rave, or just say that you support.

im interested in how many people here agree with me

heres my rant:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=237577
    Share on Google+

Banned
    War is pointless...I would never put my life on the line to defend my country...Just because the US might have better conditions then most others. It's nothing for me to go and die over. The only thing that would change my mind is prolly if I had a kid and I wanted to try to make a differance for there future. But otherwise...its just stupid. Fight for Peace, Isnt that an Oximoron? Or is that the word
    Share on Google+

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    because the US might have better conditions then most others. It's nothing for me to go and die over.
    How do you you think the United States came to realize these "better conditions"??? In my opinion it is because of the many people who gave their lives so that we could enjoy freedom and peace, today.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery
    Share on Google+

Old Fart
    Originally posted here by swifty4real
    War is pointless...I would never put my life on the line to defend my country...Just because the US might have better conditions then most others. It's nothing for me to go and die over. The only thing that would change my mind is prolly if I had a kid and I wanted to try to make a differance for there future. But otherwise...its just stupid. Fight for Peace, Isnt that an Oximoron? Or is that the word
    Sorry if this insults you swifty, but that is just about the most selfish statement I have ever read. You're not willing to defend our country's freedoms unless there is something in it for you personally. If that attitude had prevaded 60 years ago, we would all be speaking german and bowing before Adolf jr. I'm sorry, but there is a vast amount of your generation who take certain things for granted, things that my fathers generation fought and died for. Your attitude (IMO) dishonors the memory of EVERY WWII vet (not just US, but all of the allied soldiers) who died fighting tyranny and dictatorship.

As for the war protest, I'm riding the fence on this one. I don't agree with everything our government does, and I probably never will. I don't like the fact that this all boils down to protecting the oil flow into the US. Nor do I like the conditions that the Iraqi people are forced to live under. The blame can be distributed evenly....the UN sanctions make for very bad economic conditions, but the leadership of Iraq is just as responsible for the present conditions because of their refusal to change. The citizenship is caught in the middle...most of the civilized world sees their leader as a threat to world peace, but at election time his name is the only one on the ballot so they have no option to improve their conditions. It's a classic "catch-22", and in the end I expect that we will see the right thing done for the wrong reasons.

You gotta stand for something, or you're gonna fall for anything.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...
    Share on Google+