Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: website

website

I'd be grateful if someone could take the time out to have a look at my website http://www.btinternet.com/~s.p.halley and give my feedback on it.

Thanks
    Mama always said, keep your virus definitions up to date.

I think the design is very good. The only thing I might look at is maybe reducing the font size and removing some of the blank lines in the box as this will reduce the amount of scrolling the user has to do.

Otherwise... very good site.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

Well, even though the page isn't down, the junior's photo page didn't come up a few times. Had to refresh, might be because of your server, my connection is usually good. And you might want to enlarge the box and move the red link graphic into the corner, if you aren't sure of the settings you want to use for it's new placement, use a WYSIWYG program like dreamweaver so you can drag drop and things nice and cleanly. Other than that, nice site.

a couple of points...
    1. When you click on the juniour members section it opens in a new window - is this really necessary? Alot of people (myself included) view this as annoying and uneccesary...as a general rule unless there is a specific reason or your linking to another web-site I always try to avoid opening links in a new window.
    2. The navigation circle thingy on the right - it could be done so much easier in flash and would be a smaller file size plus does it need to be so large? if u reduced it a lil then would leave more room for the main text area.
    3. The text area is too small and requires 2 much scrolling i always try where ever possible to avioid making the visitor scroll whenever possible. If you can manage it always try to present all the information on screen without any scroll bars.

well apart form that is a good site - polenty of content easy to nvigate
    just a few things need fixing

oh and try to ditch the frontpage....is alot more satisfying when u code your own

v_Ln

ITs pretty good!
    [glowpurple]LilDraganon the power of the @[/glowpurple]
    [glowpurple]I am the one who trains like a maniac to have the power to force his opponent body into the shape of a pretzel and gently pin him down to the mat so his mommy can come and cuttle him![/glowpurple]

The navigation circle thingy on the right - it could be done so much easier in flash and would be a smaller file size plus does it need to be so large? if u reduced it a lil then would leave more room for the main text area.
    Depends one main thing, resolution of the person viewing. For example, I am running at 1024x728, so for me, it would be nicer to have the thing moved away and the text box enlarged. However, if I was at my normal computer, whose monitor sucks, which I run at one of those win95 resolution, I would probably ask that they stay the same. It's not too big a problem, so pick a standard setting and stick with it.

nice site although i agree ditch frontpage and learn HTML...i would also forget the textarea box and just put the info on the page with the box...adds clutter...but thats personal preference. also is there a reason why u want popups? its usually not the best idea
    kNoWLeDgE

I like itgood job with the designing

i love cricket, i dont think americans are very familiar with it.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

Banned

Lightbulb GooD !

gOoD !!!

i LiKe iT ............

foNt coUld be ReDuced....

Paladin