Thread: Flash help ( no other forum to put this in )

Talking Flash help ( no other forum to put this in )

Hey, I need a lil help with Flash. I know how to do some things on flash, but not enough to make an actual movie.. What I need help with is How do you make lil movies like those on...
    http://www.videogamedc.com/
    With the emulators and such..... Like lets say I wanted to do a Zelda ( Or mario for that matter ) movie. I have the back ground and I have a lil Link ( or mario ) image. But when I import the image to flash and put it on my background theres white all around Link ( Mario )..
    How do I get it so that theres no color behind him like that of Video game dc ( He has a lil tut on his faq area but doesn't go in depth)

P.s I use Flash 5.0 and Photoshop 6.0 on dows '98. I didn't know where else to post this question but since I saw a lot of flash tutorials out there I thought this would be a good spot.
    Any help or links would be appreciated Thanks!
    ~Apollovega~
    \"I will control my Destiny Terenica...I\'m not afraid.\"

Try http://www.flashkit.com - has many tutorials and fla files to download and play with in Flash and links to other flash sites.

Thanks checking it right now.
    ~Apollovega~

apollovega,

1) The problem could be that the Mario image that you are using should be in JPG or BMP format, so you must transform this formats to a transparent GIF. So in Photoshop, you have to use the magic wand tool to cut only the entire image of Mario, not the background. Leave the Mario image there for the moment, and then open a new document, but before open it select the transparent option, and the size of your document too. Then copy the Mario image that you have cut before and paste it in this new transparent document (you can drag it to your new document instead of using copy and paste). Finally, center your image in the middle of the document, save it using "Save for Web" and be sure that you save it as a transparent GIF file. Then when you open it in Flash you should have no more white color in your Mario image.

2) If your Mario image is already a GIF file then open it with Photoshop and just save it using "Save for Web" and again be sure to save it as a transparent GIF file. Then open it in Flash.

If you can't follow this steps you just can send me your image and i can do it for you, no problem.

Good luck!!!

Thank you!

THanks! it worked!!!! I owe you one =D=D=D=D=D=D Thanks so much Dark!
    ~Apollovega~

You're welcome apollovega. I'm glad it worked.