Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IRC Trojans

if i read your post correctly, you use outpost firewall for agnitum. how do you get logs from it? i have been unable to get any logs from this piece of <insert expletive here>.

if i read your post correctly, you use outpost firewall for agnitum. how do you get logs from it? i have been unable to get any logs from this piece of <insert expletive here>.
    Genome 17: Download the user manual here. It is in PDF format. It is very detailed. You can just do a quick search for "logs" and it will bring you right to your answer. You just have to set the sytem try icon to show logs in the options... there are other ways too.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

thanks

hey do you still have a copy of the files i would like to take them in an editor and look at them

a little for kicks it sounds interesting just zip it and ICQ me at 9740512 it sounds like

something i would like to tear into so i can find simaler stuff in my own sys or one of my

friends i do all their wipe and recov stuff for them
    old man how is it you hear these things. young man how is it that you do not.

Hey descrack. I will make sure to get those files to you in the near future. We may have to find other means to get you the files since I have never used ICQ, but we'll work something out. The files are at work on a disk. All I ask is that you give me some sort of an explanation of how it works and what parts/files do what if at all possible. Thanks for the interest.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Is an IRC Trojan referred to as a Virus? If not, what is the more generalized term for an IRC Trojan?
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

i'd say its a virus

I think the reason that they may call it a trojan is that it "masquerades" as something legitimate, which goes back to the roots of the term Trojan Horse (the infamous gift to the city of Troy). In this case, the attacker may try to pass the file as something useful or desired, but really it's malicious. Therefore, I would have to disagree with you in that sense.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile