Are you an AOL user who hates their popups? Looks like they solved the problem of blocking them for you!
Their new version of Netscape (7.01) aims to kill the popups.

I was an AOL user for about a year (because they gave it to me and I have long since switched to broadband) and on of the things that annoyed me the most was their stupid popups. The article is unclear if it will actually block the popups on aol, but it will at least kill the ones on the net.

Found here on news.com
New Netscape punctures pop-up ads

By Paul Festa
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
December 13, 2002, 4:00 AM PT

Read more about pop-ups

AOL Time Warner has released a version of its Netscape browser that lets Web surfers suppress pop-up ads, a further sign of declining fortunes for a widely hated marketing format.
The new pop-up-stopping Netscape 7.01 was released Tuesday, offering a belated compromise for Web surfers increasingly buffeted by intrusive advertising.

Netscape's decision to offer pop-up blocking comes as the advertising unit finds itself under siege by irate Web surfers and Web properties increasingly nervous about the format's use--particularly America Online.
I for one am very surpirsed that AOL would do such a thing. They are always throwing advertisements at their users and it generates a huge amount of proft for them. I have read elsewhere that AOL wasn't doing so well since broadband's popularity has increased so drastically. So, why are they shooting themselves in the foot?