Hacker Documentary
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacker Documentary

Hacker Documentary

Yesterday i saw on the TLC channel a 2 documentarys on hackers The first one Hackers:Outlaws and Angels showed the differences between white hat and black hat they had guys from security teams and people who were hired by companys to hack other companies. They had one guy who called himself a white hat but then showed him social engineering a guy at a competive company. But also showed examples of hack attacks like how 2 teenagers in London hacked the pentagon computers for information on the stealth bombers just because the were curious. goto the site linked above to find out re-airing dates if you want

The next show was Hackersutlaws it sohwed the evolution of hacking from 3 guys point of view first part was with the phone phreaker "Captain Crunch"(John Draper) showing how phone preaking was fun and lead up to hacking. THen Steve Wozniak showed that in the early days of PCs people could coem together in a club (like the homebrew computer club) and discuss computers which lead up to him producing APPLE computers the link is here
    I just thought u might wanna know its pretty interesting actually.

I thought Outlaws and Angels was very well done with the exception of a few standard stereotypes. The second show was not on when I watched Wednesday evening I will have to check to see when it is on again.

They had one guy who called himself a white hat but then showed him social engineering a guy at a competive company.
    He was hired by that company to test their security. Very good demonstration about how easy it can sometimes be to SE someone. We make sure that ALL of our users know that IT will NEVER ask them for their password and if someone does ask, get a number to call them back if possible, hang up and call the help desk to let us know.
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

Banned
    Originally posted by Higher Talshiar
    The next show was Hackersutlaws it sohwed the evolution of hacking from 3 guys point of view first part was with the phone phreaker "Captain Crunch" showing how phone preaking was fun and lead up to hacking.
    John Draper aka Captian Crunch <-- AO-member

Whoa! i never knew that lol, thanks Negative

I will have to check to see when it is on again.
    The site for this show is here.

WORLD PREMIERE
    Wed, Dec. 11
    10 p.m. and 1 a.m. ET/PT

OTHER AIRDATES
    Fri, Dec. 13
    8 p.m. and 11 p.m. ET/PT

Sun, Dec. 15
    4 p.m. ET/PT
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

I seen that show with my wife. She called me in the room cause it was on.
    Cory

Originally posted here by Negative

John Draper aka Captian Crunch <-- AO-member
    What's up witht he dude's member status? Did JP give that to him as a joke or something? Odd, I've seen many Zero-Cool's and AcidBurn's in my time, that it get's ridiculous. Hell, I've seen Phiber Optix's and I've even seen Kevin Mitnick .
    Space For Rent.. =]

Banned
    He's the real deal, Spyder32; that's why JP gave him his own custom title. And as you know, only JP, his mom, moderators and John Draper have one...

Talking tv shows

I THOUGHT THAT BOTH OF THE SHOWS WERE VERY INTERESTRING... I WISH THE WOULD DO MORE TO LET THE PUBLIC INON THE FACT THAT NOT ALL HACKERS ARE BAD.... LIKE THE TV SHOW SAID.... HACKERS USED TO BE SOME ONE WHO SAT DOWN AT THERE COMPUTER TRYING TO MAKE THERE PROGRAM ABSOULTLY PERFECT............

Wow! Thanks for the tip on the show. I will be sure to catch it tomorrow at 4pm!