C/C++ Compiler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C/C++ Compiler

C/C++ Compiler

Dear AO members. i couldnt see a better forum for this post so i hope it goes here.

I have recently formatted mt hdd and am now looking for a descent c/c++ compiler. can any of you give me one or point me in the right direction to download one. i would really appreciate it. there are other posts with compilers i know, but i am looking for the most updated one

thanks,

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

i got this link from your previous thread... http://www.borland.com/products/down...cbuilder.html# hope this is what your looking for. -dublix

It's a gas!
    there are other posts with compilers i know, but i am looking for the most updated one
    Just a question but why do you want the most updated one? A compiler is a compiler!

If you look at the bottom of this thread under Similar Threads you will find what alot of other members fave compilers are and should find some useful links also.

Too hungover right now to post links :\

Cheers

r3b00+

WinDev C++ is more than probably the best C/C++ compiler on Windows: http://www.bloodshed.net/
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Hey trust not have u tried winmx or kazza eather might get you what you want or there is the other option of asking your friends localy they might have something for you
    old man how is it you hear these things. young man how is it that you do not.

This compiler is ONLY "C"...

It's public access, compiles on the server, it's pretty neat :-)

http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/compile/
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

Talking

the bloodshed link is kick ass i give it 9 for good toys and the fact that it is free thanks for the

link
    old man how is it you hear these things. young man how is it that you do not.

If u ask me, then I find Borland C++ the best one. U might want version 5.02 cuz it has a very good IDE too while 5.5 doesn't( THe 3rd party IDE's are not good). But its not free and I cudn;t find it on net. Search on kaaza etc. This compiler supports latest ANSI standards.

From my personal experience I would recomend you M$ Visual C++ compiler because with Borland C++ compiler you would need to download a text editor such as edit plus to be able to write.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    I have to agree....I use MS Visual C++6.0 Pro and it's great, but not free. Here is another link that may be useful.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery