Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teach me C++

Question Teach me C++

hey guys,

I have downloaded Dev-C++ compiler and now i want to learn C/C++ . i am only 16 and wish to learn more than i already know. mainly about programming, i have dabbled in a few things but i need somebody who can teach me step by step. or recommend a tutorial for this particular compiler. i learn quick and am easy to teach.

thanks,

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Sadly, no one will just teach it to you, but a great tutorial/e-book type thing that I've read and found useful is Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Days This is pretty long and has helped me in the past. If you read it, you'll get a large feel of C++ and can venture into that world. Hope I helped!

EDIT: So you know, I didn't write that (/me wishes he did tho )
    Space For Rent.. =]

sorry dude, you made me laRf out loud,
    did you not just post a tutorial for newbies?
    sounds like you need to take your own advice and read what you want others to read.
    the best way to learn would be to read code, then write code, the read more code.
    or get some working proggy thats open source, study the code, make changes, compile it, and see what happens.
    i recommend getting a copy of the quake source, its in C not C++ but C came first you see! and C is anti Object Orientated, which should be easier to follow that C++ as the whole purpose of OO is that it hides the details from you.
    anyway, this is a security forum, you may get a better responce in a C++ forum, try http://www.cpp-home.com
    if you want to eventually do this professionally, _ANYTHING_ you do now will be a great advantage to you for when you go to college, just don't form any strong opinions, as college will clean up your misconceptions.
    ----
    edit: "well, he is a newbie, like he said?" <---what kind of a comment is this? "oh its ok, he's new, therefor you are wrong" yet again the logical mastermind behind the opinion has enlightened me to no end. wtf is wrong with the advice i gave this newbie?
    yeah, he IS a newbie, just like he said, but why did he post a link to a C++ tutorial?and then post a "how do i learn C++"? my question is rhetorical. he answered his own question in a post made before he asked the question. is it just me that finds this behaviour a bit odd? surely it can't be just me.
    C/C++ Tutorials web page..4 newbies posted Today 02:24 PM
    I didnt want to put this in the tutorials forum because i didnt write it. so i thought i would place it here....you should check it out anyway.
    Teach me C++ posted Today 04:41 PM
    ...or recommend a tutorial for this particular compiler. snip...i smell misconceptions creeping in already...editor MAX
    feck it, i give up....

ok, i lied, i'm not giving up,
    to the kid who remarked, "you are a ****ign jackass", i know you are not going to respond to my request via pm, so i edit this post instead, again. this first comment was unusual, phrased as a question, but of course the person who sent it has no intention of explaning their motives, LET ALONE justifying them, just like you. it is my humble opinion that this behaviour is childish, and comes from overuse of the ap sys, by children, momentarily powertriping, without thinking. the very fact that you chose to insult me rathar than give a responsible educated answer as to why you thought the content of my post was unacceptable, leads me to believe that you gave it about as much thought as you do when analysing someones character. which, going by the fact that just by reading my post you were able to extrapolate that i am a jackass, is not alot of time.
    annoyingly, the most predictable thing about this situation is that another child will now come along, see the miserable state of this post, and of course, feel obligated to neg it, in attempt to achieve 'balance', as the child is after reading cosmological mountains of biblical quality content in the forums.
    imo, this post doesn't deserve any pap's but i don't think it deserved any nap's either. so please just leave the fecking thing alone will you?
    /bed
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

First tell me what is your basic purpose, then even i can teach you.
    U get What U pay for.

my main purpose for increasing my knowledge is just that, to increase my knowledge, i am not going to write malicious code or anything stupid and imoral like that. but i pretty much know everything about hardware and know advanced things about o/s's like windows and linux. but now i want to learn more about programming. thats all, just to learn
    ----Homer J Simpson----

well, Trust_Not_123 : i think we have lots of home work to do, since i'm trying to learn C/C++ as well.

i'll start with Spyder32's link, i c it's simple one to go with.

cheers

spyder32 : are u sure it's only 21 days ... lol, i feel like it's gonna take me ages to finish it.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

(V)/\>< , first of all, i didnt call you a jack ass, and second. i did post a link to a tutorial i did not write, then posted a thread to ask people to teach me c/c++ this is because i found the tutorial I specified because i found that tutorial hard to follow and thought that i might get a better understanding if someone taught it to me. anyway, everything is sweet.

Trust_Not_123
    ----Homer J Simpson----

It's a gas!
    Well im learning C at the minute, and ive found that the Teach yourself C in 21 days site is good to begin with but after the first couple of days it starts to get a bit much.

The best way to learn is, to not batter on through the tutorials and end up knowing nothing but to focus on one aspect of the language, then practice and practice until youve got a really good understanding of that aspect then move onto the next.

I was going to give it up because it was getting a bit too much and starting to fry my head, but i just decided to give it a break for a while and focus on the one thing then move on when i know myself that im ready.

Just a bit of friendly advice.

Oh and its good to have a sparring partner in your quest for knowledge!

Cheers

r3b00+

Talking lent my book out didnt get it back

Well I was taken like a rube I was bussy with something else and had just got my self

borlands c++ in 21 days from chapters and at a grate discount too and I lent it to a pot

smokin guy not that I eather condone drugs or wish to crap on pot smokin but the guy

eagarly borowed the books and compiler and promptly droped off the face of the planet

has this scared me for life not a chance I needed this link for I am now ready to pick up the

lang and learn to script my own stuff which will take me forever and ever but as I like to say

IT'S allllllll good

thanks for the link man I needed a good tutorial for learnin it of corse I could learn better

english first lol
    old man how is it you hear these things. young man how is it that you do not.