Ide??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ide??

Ide??

Hello everyone.

It's Kelly here and you have all been really helpful with my problems in the past, that I figured you may like to help me with this one.

Firstly, what is an ide?

And secondly, msn seems to have committed suicide on my computer. What I mean is everytime we try to sign in, along comes a blue screen with the words, 'A fatal exception OE has occured at module whatever (it changes) in (a few letters and a bunch of numbers.)

Any help would be appreciated.

An IDE is an Intergrated Development Enviroment.

for example:
    http://www.kdevelop.org
    http://www.borland.com/products/index.html
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

kellybelly182_1,

You could try reinstalling MSN (choose last version for your OS) from http://messenger.msn.com/

Good luck.

Hey again!!

Firstly, thankyou the_jinx for your help. Now I know what an ide is.

Secondly, I think this problem goes further than msn. How do I know? Well, I typed in the exception number thing in a search engine and found other people with the same problem as me. Everything went straight over my head though.

When I try to log in to msn I get this message.

A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C0004A64 in VXD VMM(01) + 00003A64. The current application will be terminated.

Who wants to help me???

Seriously though, any help would be really appreciated.

Luv ya's.

Does this screen only appear when you try to sign in?Has this screen appeared in other programs as well?This sounds like a memory module which is failing.If you have more than one module try removing one, untill you get the culprit.

hope this helps--
    vanman
    Practise what you preach.

Hi,

At the risk of sounding really, really stupid, how do I know what my memory modules are or how many I have?

And it's only msn that the screen has appeared in. It's annoying as all hell though.

Thanks

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Jinx: It is also quite possible that IDE stands for Integrated Drive Electronics..... Which is highly likely the type of drive Kellybelly is using.

Kellybelly: What contect are you seeing the IDE in?
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

You're right Tiger Shark.

Kelly i had the same problem on WinXP without finding any solution except of the following one:
    1) I have installed WinXP FE and I have overclocked my PC and as vanman said it has been a confusion with RAM's frequencies. I tried overclocked the RAM too, without any good. But since i installed WinXP pro SP1 i have no problem. Only my on-board sound card didn't work properly since i de-overclock the whole PC system.

kelly: try reinstalling the newest version of the software and all the recent windows updates and stuff, it might be something really simple. or as vanman said it might be..
    memory modules - wot he means is the ram cards plugged into your motherboard, open up the box and look for a couple of small cards about 10-15cm x 4cm slotted directly into to the main board in a neat little row. take one out and turn the power on, if u get the same error, replace it and try the next one. if there's only one in there u wont be able to do this. _be VERY carefull_ with this sh*t if u haven't much experience, you can zap the life out of these things if u don't take precautions against static.

Ya, to add to halfdoghalfman's comment. I was taking RAM out of my comp. to take it to CompUSA and so I thought if i put it in a pastic bad then it would be fine. I got there, bought an identical RAM card and sure enough when I got back, the one in the bad was fried. It's pathetic how easily those things get damaged. Oh well, life isn't always fair...
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19