Keeping Track of John Poindexter (A taste of his own medecine)

Thread: Keeping Track of John Poindexter (A taste of his own medecine)

Keeping Track of John Poindexter (A taste of his own medecine)

That's the kind of news i like to see

taken from here
    Online pranksters, taking their lead from a San Francisco journalist, are publishing John Poindexter's home phone number, photos of his house and other personal information to protest the TIA program.

i posted his info here saturday....somehow it got deleated. His answering machine picked-up anyway!

i think its only fitting. he wants to collect info on us...turn about is fair play!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

The info that you posted is still around. Here is the thread:

The missing link

thank you bucket, i did a search for poindexter and didn't find it, thought maybe it was something the site could get in trouble for.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I love it. I'd like to see a few more names and addresses of some of these clowns made available.

Banned
    So, let me get this straight...

You don't agree with the plans of the government wanting to collect private info on you.
    In protest, you do the same thing... with one difference: the government isn't gonna make this personal info public. You did.

You might object that there's another difference: the info you collected, you collected in a legal way. And the info you collected isn't exactly 'private', but public. The info the government wants to collect violates the 4th amendment ("The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.").

Oh wait... it says 'against UNREASONABLE SEIZURES'... What's been happening to Poindexter sounds like unreasonable seizure to me...

It's not the gathering of this public info that I have a problem with, it's Smith's call for arms that bothers me ("If enough Californians do thorough background checks on Mr. Poindexter, then use the information to jam his personal life in every possible -- legal -- way, [...]"). Jamming someone's personal life in every possible (legal or illegal, doesn't matter in this case) way violates the 4th amendment. Period.

The 4th Amendment is being called upon as the reason to fight this proposition. The 4th Amendment's keywords imo are "upon probable cause". That 'probable cause' is something that needs to be discussed, of course. Putting it up for discussion as Mr. Smith did, I can only applaud. He probably didn't realize the impact of making that 'public info' ermm.. public. And neither did those who put it up on AntiOnline.
    Have you ever considered the impact this could have? What if the government decides to 'fight back' the same way you did? What if they start making phone calls to JP every 2 seconds? (JP's phone number is public, remember)...

I'd love to see some discussion on this topic (and while we're at it, on the data-mining topic). Just posting some personal info doesn't add to the discussion. On the contrary...

Ummm.....Who is John Poindexter? Obviously he works for the government, seeing Negative's thread. I agree with Negative though. If you want to protest his wrong-doings, do so without infringing on his rights! I'm sorry if you don't agree, but at least be law-abiding!
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

Banned
    You can read the original column here, JenaLynn.
    ...I learned, Iran-Contra conspirator Adm. John Poindexter had been made head of a Pentagon division that would compile a vast database of every financial, medical, employment, school, credit, and government record for every American, so that law enforcement and spooks might better spy on us.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    # Some background on TIA :

http://www.darpa.mil/iao/TIASystems.htm
    This explains the Total Information Awareness Program.
    -> It seems that their site is down or that the pages are not available... either a DOS or they have removed the pages.
    However someone copied the cached google pages to another webpage:
    http://www.computerbytesman.com/tia/index.htm

More info on the project:
    http://www.cato.org/dailys/12-03-02.html
    Perhaps you noticed DARPA in http://www.darpa.mil/iao
    Like the internet, the TIA has its roots in DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency)

the other side -> the Electronic Frontier Foundation http://www.eff.org/

# (IMHO) I wonder how much of their civil liberties US Citizens want to abbandon to fight their war against terrorism? Second, are these kind of programs not the proof that US power is decreasing? Is the USA loosing his grip on the world, their own citizens and their enemies?

Noam Chomsky: It’s quite widely assumed, right within the mainstream,
    that these are the two primary reasons. I agree. Regaining control over
    Iraq’s oil resources (not access, but control; a very different matter) is
    longstanding. 9/11 provided a pretext for the resort to force, not only by
    the US: also Russia, China, Indonesia, Israel, many others. And the
    need to divert the attention of the population from what is being done to
    them accounts for the timing. [It] worked brilliantly in the congressional
    elections, and by the next presidential elections, it’ll be necessary to
    have a victory and on to the next campaign.

http://www.epsilonpress.se/ncinter/n...io20021206.htm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The key phrase here is "to divert the attention of the population from what is being done to them"

( i came across this article last night, i suppose i could have found something better, but this just served so many purposes)

The TIA is no more about the war on terrorism than are the upcoming Christmas parties. It's about total control.

To protest these actions, in a non-violent manner, may make me as guilty as that which i protest, but it's action and not talk. Action, which is in keeping with the principles of non-violent protest.

one could argue that to block the entrance of an office building with a sit in, to protest being put out of a job, is keeping others from working and therefore hypocritical, but would you, unless you were against their cause

JenaLynn, you’ve just validated the need for such actions. Whether you agree or disagree, if you’ve bothered to find out by following the link, you’ve been made aware.