Thread: Linux soundcard problem...

Linux soundcard problem...

Guys,

After installing Mandrake 9.0 it recognized my on-board soundcard as AC97 so all OK until now. But, i have a SoundBlaster PCI 128 and incredibly it doesn't recognize it and install another called Ensoniq AudioPCI ES1370. What is this?????????
    Besides, when i open the xmms (music program similar to winamp in windows) the music sounds horrible. Why it doesn't recognize my SoundBlaster card. What can i do or how do i installit manually if it can't automatically?

Thanks.

It's a gas!
    You could try this link

http://sourceforge.net/projects/emu10k1

Ive a soundblaster too and this worked for me!

Heres a tutorial on downloading/compiling and setting up taken from www.linuxnewbie.org

Hope it helps!

Cheers

r3b00+

Ensoniq AudioPCI ES137x is the chipset used on the Soundblaster PCI 128-card.

When you add the module for ES137x (1370 or 1371) to the kernel, recompile and restart your system with the new compiled kernel, your soundcard should work.

At least, this works fine on my system. I have the same soundcard and I used the ES1371-module when recompiling the kernel.

I hope this was helpfull.

ruleant,

Thanks for answering. I think you could help me. I have sent you a private message a few minutes ago so please check it and send me back another private message if possible.

Thanks!!!