Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help plz....

help plz....

help me plz..
    can you plz. help me i forgot my password windows 2000 and i cant log-on on my computer can you pls tell me what should i do? i know it's stupid to forgot my password. i don't want to re format my computer cause i might loss my files and some software that i installed what probable solution that i might do? is there a software that i can download to break and bypass the password section thanks i would appriciate so much...

qoute:
    asking question is a sign of eagerness to learn not stuborness.

ALl I can say is to recall to the things or something you usually use as your password. You will remember it, if you do this. Sometimes we make a pattern of using onething for a lot of our passwords. Good luck, couldn't provide a program or software, but this happened before, and I only had to sit down and think. -Ebo

free-fall,

Hey buddy, if possible don't ask again this kind of questions. This is a security site to help and learn but not when AO members' answers could refer or be used to "hacking" issues. Maybe you are asking this because you really need it but if we answer you how to do it maybe another person could use the answer to do "bad things". Sorry but these are the rules, i hope you understand.

Bye.

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Free Fall, that's why they call them passwords and frown upon any attempt to create software to make it easy to retreive lost passwords. As a general rule, I always write down my passwords on post-its. Also, irregardless of what you indicate as your intentions, being a psychic is not a pre-requisite to register here at AO, so no one can tell if you're full of sh*t or not. We don't read minds.
    By the way, last I checked, a pen and a small pad of post-its should cost you no more than $3.50.
    I wonder how much it would cost to have your computer fixed after someone uses the same information you are looking for, to get your passwords , then break into your computer and load the thing with viruses and trojans.
    Point? - your password is only as good as your ability to remember it
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Well, Assuming that you really did lock yourself out of your computer,

You might want to look at NTRecover and the Locksmith module from

www.sysinternals.com

It is a bit pricey, but hey, if you truly have data you don't want to lose it is worth the money right?

There are other ways,

Good Luck,

IchNiSan

You did not indicate if your PC was part of a network. If it is your Systems Administrator can reset your password for you.
    Work... Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...

It never ceases to amaze me that people can forget a system password! I'm sorry, but how is that possible on a machine that you use regularly? I am not anti-MS, per se (running a win2k box myself), but you have to reboot every now and then when running a Microsoft OS. The original post states that there were files and programs at stake, so that means the computer has been used for a while, and, subsequently, rebooted several times. So what happened all the other times it was rebooted?

Doesn't sound legit to me. If it's truly your machine and you have been using it long enough to have gathered a significant amount of valuable data and software (pirated I'm assuming, since you state that you'll "lose" the software), then you would have entered the passwrd enough times to not just "forget" it. If you haven't been usin it that long and you just created the password, you need to pick one a little easier because it doen't look like memory is one of your skills.

Sorry for the rant, but this just smells foul. Am I the only one that gets really aggrivated at this type of stuff? I'f you're gonna try and come up with a way to get other people to crack a system password for you, at least come up with a good story that you can back yourself up on. Then again, if one were smart enough to come up with a feasible story, they'd probably be smart enough to not post this sript-kiddy-esque request on this site.

But that's just my opinion
    Mike Reilly
    bluebeard96@yahoo.com

If you really did forget your password go read about your password jumper in your operating systems manual, and you should be able to figure it out from there. Good luck!

You could try "g-o-d" or "s-e-x", or the name of your pet ferret.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Re: help plz....

bad luck!i do not know that what' the format of you C(if you windows2000 install c,if you disk c is fat32 format.then you can do than del c:\winnt\system32\config\sam ,yes, del the sam file.then you login with administrator without password. if you disk c is ntfs format.you can unconnect you disk and connet another pc,then del the SAM file.you can recovery you password.Do not forget you password next time!good luck for you!