Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help plz....

lool

I then see that nobody wants to help; here is procedure to be followed: With the starting of Windows this one requires your password clique of you on cancelling or press on the key to escape from the keyboard. Then, clique on Start, pointed on seeking and cliquait on file. In the window which is posted, * pwl typed then, to seek in, type C:\WINDOWS Then press on the button to seek now. In a few seconds, Windows post all the file names carrying the extension PWL which it has faund.Select with the right button of the mouse that which corresponds to your name of user and in the menu which appears clique on removing. It remains more than to start again the microphones, Windows will ask to you whether you wish to create a new password.

I don't understand how you could do this...haha....but if worse comes to worse.....you password is automatically set every 60 days to alert you and change it when you restart you computer...---unless you happened to change it in which case your screwed---....sry man....

Mmelby also had a really good point of having the Administrator change it for you....in that case all you would have to do is go on another computer and log on a different persons login name(if you don't have one you could make one)...and then do the usually---with XP its: Control Panel;Usar Accounts;then it depends on how you want to approach the situation....that's all the help I got for you....sry man

Senior since the 3 dot era

get the encryted pas from a sam file

HackersWarrioR: You are talking about Win9x boxes... he/she/it asked about Win2000
    That's completly something else.

There are a few options as mentioned above.
    You can also use the ERD (emergency repair disk) for your Win2K / NT Box to search the password hash (the sam) and recover some stuff.

But if it's not your box / account, then your behavior is called "cracking"
    Something what's not very appreciated specially at this site!

thanks a lot guy i knew it will be a stupid post that i made, but it's worth a try thanks i will do what you have told me..