Hey guys,
My cousin called me asking for help, and I couldn't help him. Now I feel bad. He recently switched ISPs and got cable. He told me he when he'd come home from work, he'd have a bunch of pop ups. I figured that this was maybe from an Interner Explorer browser, Kazaa, MSN, AIM, or some other messanger service. He said that he keeps all that stuff closed though. So I asked him to attach a picture of it, which I will attach to this thread.

First of all, he made it monochrome to make the file size smaller. Also, I blacked out his IP address for his protection. It looks like a dialog box (one of those that you can't click out of.) I remember reading about an exploit where you could send a user on a network like, a million of these things and either 1) DoS them, or 2) keep them clicking forever. I tried finding the exploit again, but with no luck.

I don't know if this message is send by another user on his ISP, or just by some dude with a IP spammer, but he wants to somehow stop these. Is there a program, or some configuration he could make so he won't get these anymore? I use Windows 98, so I don't have that Windows Message problem, and I don't really know how to take care of it either.

Thanks for any and all help.

Ramzi