Thread: FLASH vulnerability uncovered

Old Fart

FLASH vulnerability uncovered

I'm posting in this forum due to the lack of any "general" security issues forum. Given that this flaw is OBLIVIOUS to what OS you use, everyone needs to read this. According to ZDNET in this article there is a flaw in all but the most recent version of Macromedia's widely used flash plugin. Time for everyone to upgrade!
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Holy shnikes! (Sorry, /me was watching Scooby Doo, don't ask). I use flash in ALOT of my webdesign, and a vulnerability in it isn't good. Thanks for the article, and the Misc. Security forum is kinda like the General security one, right? Again, thanks for the article, you have no idea how important this is!
    Space For Rent.. =]

Old Fart
    Yeah, you got me there Spyder....my bad. But given that there is no moderator to move it, and it does affect an M$ product (among others), how about we just say "close enough"?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Thanks, Allenb, i just downloaded the latest version of Flash Player. I don't know how to code my Flash objects so that it automatically requires visitors to use the update to view, so will put a popup on my pages advising them of the potential problem, and of the URL for the cure.

http://www.macromedia.com/v1/handler...x.cfm?ID=23569

AO'ers keep each other on the front end of developments, thanks to everyone. I already have my mail clients set to send/receive text only, and it sounds like that was a reasonable move also.