Thread: perl Net::FTP question

perl Net::FTP question

im kinda new to perl so im probably missing the obvious. the script below seems to work fine, reaches the server, logs in, creats a my.zip on the server but stops before it transfers the data. the file shoud be around 6meg but on the server its 167k

activeperl on a win2k machine >win2kserver

use Net::FTP;
    $hostname = 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx';
    $username = 'bush';
    $password = 'thenewgod';
    $filermote = 'My.zip';
    $filelocl = 'c:\\transfer\\My.zip';
    $ftp = Net::FTP->new($hostname);
    $ftp->login($username, $password);
    $ftp->put($filelocl, $filermote );
    $ftp->quit;

does anyone know how to change the mode to binary?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I dont know if thats your problem but from the activeperl Net::Ftp docs

type (TYPE [, ARGS])

This method will send the TYPE command to the remote FTP server to change the type of data transfer. The return value is the previous value.

Yup...I found that too, owensleftfoot.

type (TYPE [, ARGS])
    This method will send the TYPE command to the remote FTP server to change the type of data transfer. The return value is the previous value.

ascii ([ARGS]) binary([ARGS]) ebcdic([ARGS]) byte([ARGS])
    Here for more info.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

no the binary issue wasnt the problem that was a question i added on and thanks for the links. it turned out to be 5.6 that was the problem the script works fine with 5.8. every one i spoke to said that cant be the problem, so i uninstalled 5.8 found a different install for 5.6 in case it was the install itself that was causing the problem. the script once again ended before it transfered.

unfortunatly perl2exe dosn't support 5.8 yet so i have to wait for them to catch up
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”