Thread: Web development editor for Linux

Web development editor for Linux

hey guys Im looking for an web development editor for linux that would be similar to dreamweaver, homesite, frontpage
    ect... Anyone have any suggestions based on their experiences. Thanks for the input!
    kNoWLeDgE

emPtYKnOw ,

Have you proven Bluefish?, if not then take a look at http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/

Good luck!!!

Have a look at Quanta+

I've used it some, and I like it.

Unfortunately, thats all I've used... that and emacs or vi.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

darkraider--
    ive heard of bluefish but havent used it-- I just wanted to hear what other more experienced developers thought of it.
    I am usually an emacs kinda guy, but i think it would be so much more effiecient for simple HTML like creating tables if you
    had some of the HTML functionality as DreamWeaver.
    kNoWLeDgE

emPtYKnOw,

Linux tools are pretty "new" compared with others from different OS (for example, DreamWeaver for Windows). For being open source many fixes and upgrades are done to Linux and its tools in short periods of time, so if a program doesn't have a feature you want, no doubt this "feature" is released in a few time. Just have a look at the website i told you (if you like) and see if Bluefish covers your needs.

Bye.

Edit: ...and GO!!! 49ers.