Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NooB Question

Question NooB Question

I know this is weird but where do I start? What Books should I read? And What tutorials do I start out with?
    ~CP~

It's a gas!
    You could start here

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=218093

Then just browse the forums and read all the sticky posts!

Youll find your way in time!

Cheers

r3b00+

That depends on what you already know.
    There are several good posts in the Newbie Security Questions Forum which I see you've already found.

You should def. read the site FAQ as this will save you many headaches in the future.

Not to forget Ennis's FAQ which is also very good.

Allenb has a good note to newbies.

You should just start reading in the forums. There is a huge amount of info hidden in there. You just have to explore. Don't forget about the search feature on the top right of the index page. And make sure you don't forget about google.com

Otherwise, if you want to start learning about security, you should start learning about patches, firewalls, virus detection/prevention, intrustion detection systems and probably most important out of all is networking.

You must know how networking works on most levels. Check out some TCP/IP tutorials and read about the OSI model. You want to read up protocols, becuase thats what makes all of this possible.

Do you know what OS you are interested in learning about? Or, are you going to be like me and learn it all (at least try)? If you want to learn about securtiy, you've come to the right place.

Welcome to AO! Sit back, kick your feet up, cause you're going to be here for a while.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Well thanks for the nice warm welcome. I want to be as serious as I possible can to learn how to hack. I am not interested in malicious things I want to go and learn all I can and go in to other systems only to learn. I don't want to go into a system and ruin it because computers are beautiful tools I want to leave it the way it was once I got in.

Here is a bit backround on myself well not much but a bit. I learned VB at the age of about 14 well started and I am now 16 and can use VB pritty fluently. I know HTML and PHP4 also Java 2 but not very fluent. I am going to begin learning C++ But I need a compiler can't understand the Visual C++ 6.0 that Microsoft has out I hate it to death. It is very hard to use there IDE.

Funny to say I am not sure if it will help me on hacking but I am a Ex Computer Game Hacker lol. So what do you think ?

Also thx for the tutorial stuff.
    ~CP~

Banned
    You need a brain for cristmas, chump.
    You say you want to learn how to hack? You say its not malicious yet you say you'd leave it the way it was once you got "in". Maybe if aleans took you away you would be cool with anal probs 'eh?.... but don't worry im sure they'd leave it the way they came in.

Another thing thats funny is that you claim to have major programing skills yet you come in here asking some of the simplest questions & you waste time braging about the lame & false.... Grrrr....

Go wash the brown off your body because all I see is a dumb loser who is !FULL OF CRAP!

This site isn't even about hacking ethical or not, this isn't the movie hackers or swordfish, this site is about security. I suggest you go to another board kid.

Go away and take your Kevin Mitnick action figuer with you, ya s.kiddie.

You know this is the kind of stuff that gets me mad I ask a question I get flamed and all I wanted was to know where to start looking. You think I am not serious about learning and everything. Well I am serious about learning. And don't even go and call me a script kiddie either Script Kiddiots are loosers and I would never want to be one of them. I am serious about learning how a computer works inside and out. That is why I got into programin because of curiosity on how programs worked and now I want to know how the Op systems and networks work. So just leave me be and let me learn don't trash on me. If you want to help then help but don't trash on me please.
    ~CP~

Banned
    Yes but from that second post it appears that you wish to press random buttons, play techno music, then run around yelling im l33t im elite!!

I love questions even though most can be answered by google but anyways.... it was your 2nd post that offending me.

if your serious about not wanting to be malicious then why go breaking into the machines of others. wouldnt you call someone who broke into your room just "to see" malicious. Set up a 'lab', a small home network and learn to break into your own machines. This is a site for learning about security not a site for learning how to hack. If you go asking "how to hack" questions, your going to get noting but flammed and banned. Your not going to learn to hack here.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Sorry if I offended you I had no mean to I came hear to learn and I would appriciate if I had you on my side if I get in a stump and need to ask a question. Also what did I say that offened you in my second post? I just tried to explain that I don't want to be malicious like a Script Kiddiot or a Cracker but that I want to learn the inside out of op systems and networks because I have a hunger for knowledge. Like I explained in my 3rd post I got in to programing because I wanted to know how programs worked now that drove me to wanting to learn how op systems and networks work. Sorry if I accidentaly repeated myself I hope I did not.

Tedob1 ok I get what you are saying by using the words wanting to learn to Hack it offended you. And I see how you can say getting in to someone elses machine malicious I dind not think of it that way. I fingured if I did not harm anything in my learning experiences that it would not be malicious, but you are right I will deffinately set up my own network in my house already have one but I will use it as a learning tool. Again sorry if I said what I said using the wrong words but I hope I explaied myself better now. In the top.
    ~CP~

Banned

Thumbs up

Glad this ended fine...

BTW its called game 'CRACKING'. Sorry if my flame was harsh but you came accross as one of the millions of peaple who mearly wish to look "cool" when they are near a PC.