AOL Inst. Messenger 5.2.3074 released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AOL Inst. Messenger 5.2.3074 released

AOL Inst. Messenger 5.2.3074 released

Guys,

For AOL Instant Messenger fans:

AOL has just released AOL Instant Messenger 5.2.3074.

You can download it from here

Bye.

Ha, I'm not a big AOL fan because in my opinion its for noobs. So I got Windows Messenger. So I mainly run that one. However, I do have and run both on my computer...

They just came out with a new IM version last month!? What does this new one have that the other one doesn't?
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

JagFire19 ,

I'm a MSN Messenger fan too!!! , but what if a person that you want to talk have AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, or ICQ???, so i have installed all of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answering your question, as always it has some new features and bug fixes included in this release, but they focused on:

IM Forwarding:
    Have Instant Messages delivered to your cell phone, when you're away from your PC! With AIM 5.2, you can be online, all the time, anywhere. Register your cell phone with IM Forwarding, and you'll continue to receive your IMs after you sign out of AIM.

Send IMs to Mobile Phones:
    Now you can send instant messages to your buddies' cell phones. Just add their mobile numbers directly to your buddy list, or type their number into the IM form.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least this is what they say the improvements are.

Bye.

Banned
    but what if a person that you want to talk have AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, or ICQ???, so i have installed all of them.
    Well, in that case you go the easy route and get Trillion and use them all at once.

Jehnny,

I have proven Trillian not Trillion (hehe!!!), but i prefer to use all the message clients separated. Sometimes (at least for me) using these messengers through Trillian don't work as expected.

This is my humble opinion, but thanks for you add

Bye.

AOL is for 'noobs' and people who really dont give a **** for computers as long as the can get their mail, messages and look things up. Everone on aol is not necesseraly a noob, its not a necessity that computer literate people live only with others of their own kind. Im on aol right now, because my girlfrind can use it. every things in one place for her. no seperate IM, mail client Etc. I tried to show her 'the right way' but its really not worth our relationship. Its like teaching someone your close to how to drive...not always a good idea.

Aol had to come out with a release early. their 4.6 (or 9 i dont remember right now) had a gaping directory transversal hole in it and needed to be fixed quick.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

GreekGoddess
    And some of us are on AOL because of the location we live in and what's available. I can most certainly get cable modem for twice what I'm paying, but my rent and bills are far more important than getting on the internet.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with 'noobs'. And a lot of people on AO use AIM, because they do not wish to support MSN. Personally, I'm not much of a fan of any of the messenger services, I think they're annoying.

I'll agree with GG, I mean all of them have bugs and some bugs can cause problems with systems and it's just another problem to worry about adding to the already un-wanted security risk's of owning a PC. Using the chat systems are okay if you update or whatever, but they can be a hassle at times. My opinions:

AIM/ICQ: Load's of vulnerabilities IMO and some that can seriously effect a system. I'm not sure if AOL/Time Warner or whatever fixes them in time, and being notified about the problem isn't great either.

MSN: Made by Microsoft, 'nuff said.

Yahoo: Probably the most unpopular at the time, the GUI isn't too good and of course, their are security risks.

Again, security risks come with every program, but some chat programs have had serious vulnerabilities that would/can be exploited easily by an attacker.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thanx for the heads up "dark raider" ...

I posted this recently- http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=237912

If you're an AIM user, check this out :-)
    When you connect to your ISP, you are potentially opening your computer to the world. There are \'naughty people\' out there who enjoy breaking into other people\'s computers. Give some thought to the security of your computer...
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=360

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to make anyone mad. I was just giving my opinion on the issue at hand....We can all have different opinions...I just don't understand why some of you would send me 'bad' antipoints just because my opinion differs than yours.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone. I was just trying to have a nice clean debate and expressing my opinion on AOL Instant Messenging.

I also guess you forgot my statement of "I do have and run both on my computer."

Hope you accept my apology.
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19