Thread: 3d monitors

3d monitors

Consumer-electronics giant Sharp next year plans to sell notebooks and flat-screen LCD monitors that can show three-dimensional images.

The monitors will let people see high-resolution 3D images or run 3D programs without using special glasses or additional software. For example, bodies and bullets appear to fly all over the place in a version of the popular game Quake that has been adjusted to work on Sharp's 3D monitors.
    Yes, you've correctly read. 3d monitors are closest than ever before.
    Quake in 3d.... I hope it will not be prohibited even if it would causes heart attacks with those new monitors!!

The complete article is at http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/...N/breakingnews
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

http://www.eskimo.com/~ghawk/fogal_device/ - for intro. click on article on this page to go here http://www.eskimo.com/~ghawk/fogal_device/fogal.htm

i found this a few months ago, and it is a very interesting read, about the physics involved in making the screen almost holographic, the fogal transistor.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

Dont Wait

Great, the way technology is going
    we dont have to wait, it's here..........

3d monitor

Volumetric

Dr_EVIL

awww.....um...HP have been working on a new kind or Organic Polymer plastic that can be painted on to a sheet of plastic, when a current is passed through it, it gives of light......
    the Advantages? TINY high resolution screen at a really low price, also ,the screen's can be bent and shaped in any way, even after purchase.....thus, you can roll up your screen and put it in you pocket...
    It was some time since I read up on this, but I think they use the same system, (if this isn;t the weird on with micro lenses on the screen), because at such a low price, you could make the screen fold around the room........um

ok..I don't know exactly where I'm going with this, but If you'v seen "Red Planet" then you know wot kind of screens I'm talking about...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.