Thread: Closing a thread manually?

Closing a thread manually?

Dear AO members,

i was just curious as to that someone who creates a thread, can close it to stop further posts being submitted.

I ask this mainly because if someone askes a question and gets an answer that works, there is no need for any more people to reply. for example, i have posted a thread asking a question, i got a good answer and it worked, and even after serveral times of me telling people that i have fixed the problem there are still responses comming in.

so i was just wondering if there was a way the thread creator could close the thread or if not, that this certain site option could be added.

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

I think you might not want to look at the thread again, but there isnt seemingly a way that you can stop the thread, and i dont think you can delete it after 1440 seconds of your posting it either.
    You can definitely ask the administrator/moderator to close the thread though.
    But for a couple of replies, dont bother too much.
    Nice thought, trust_not_123.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

1440 minutes....
    If your post is the thread starting post, you can delete the thread by deleting the first post.
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

if u wesh to keep the thread without deleting it, but u want to close it so no one else post.
    i think u can ask the moderator to do that.
    and u can end up the thread by ur post telling that " thnx guys solution provided by XxX member worked perfectly "

think so !!
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Sorry there, typo typo , 1440 minutes !!!
    I must be thinking of something else when i posted.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

why do you guys say 1440 minutes, because this calculates into 24hrs exactly and wouldnt that be easier to say. 24hrs not 1440 minutes??

thanks for you help anyway guys.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Sometimes it is good to leave the thread laying around, because you might have gotten your answer, but somebody else can also have the same problem, but finds a different way to solve it, from reading the thread.