Divorce again....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divorce again....

Divorce again....

Well it's Christmas Eve and my mom and stepdad decided they want a divorce. I guess I should have seen it coming. They have fought and split up before but my gut feeling was different on this one. It just sucks so much everytime anything good happens to me something just comes along and cancels out any good feelings I had. We have to move which sux, but at least it is still in the same city. When my mom and dad split they just started fighting all the time and I don't want to be in the middle of tis between my mom and stepdad. Well...Happy Holidays guys.

noregine,

Sometimes (or better said always) life has these "hard hits" and you can do nothing about it... and i know is hard to live with that. If i were you and had to choose, i'd choose to be with my mother. I'd choose to do and follow my own way, but next to my mother if she's alone. Let's just hope things improve day by day.

Be strong buddy and write whenever you like to.

Merry Christmas to you and your family... and good luck!!!

No way for me to say "i know how you feel" 'cause my growing up environment was solid as a rock because of mny Mom & Dad working their butts off 24/7 to make a better home than they had as kids. I do know, however, several people who were in your same situation, some made the best of it that they could, helped out as much as they could and grew faster than they may have liked to. Others let the pain smack them down. Just try to hang in, make your new situation as pleasant as possible, and someday it will all be in the past. Very best of luck.

Like 'The Old Man' said, i don't know how you feel. However, I have been through many tough times also, which I prefer not to say so I admire you for your willing to post something as deep as this. I have taken all the hard times that I have been through and have made the best, even when times got their hardest....and I suggest the same for you.

It's a long dark tunnel, but at the end there is light...Hope the best for you and your family this Christmas. -Jagfire19
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    It could be worse.....

http://www.antionline.com/journal.ph...view#Christmas Eve 12-24-2k2

Try to keep your eye on the lighter side of things. Thats Really all i can tell you. Deal with issues as they come. Don't assume. And above all, your mother needs you, so dont be a dick.
    I was a hellion with my mother, and i regret it. It was a hard bridge to build back.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Banned
    I'm in the same boat so I can tell you I know how it feels....

All I can say is:

Remind yourself it's not your fault. It's that things did not work between them.....
    My parents did the same two years ago and they both live in the same town and it blows when visiting one, because you're obligated to visit the other....

If you have any questions/concerns, let me know, I'll try to give you best advice from personal experience...

I came home today and all of my stepdads stuff was gone. It was just... I dunno he seems so much like a father to me. My family seems to have a lot of the rough spots. On my birthday my little sister was hospitalized for her diabetes. I was yelled at by my stepdad for not doing my chores that day. You are right though Dr Toker it could be worse. I am fortunate enough that i do have a loving mother and father + a roof over my head. I've realized here lately how much I take for granted in this life. Thank you guys for all of the support.

Banned
    While this might not seem like such wise words, but:

Take most of what people tell (or yell) at you like a grain of salt.

Best thing to do right now is to make sure that everyone that you care for are ok in sense of health, work, and so on.

Be there for them and at the same time, they'll be there for you (in a different manner)

While I must agree that events like this ruin your childhood in some perspectives and make "us" age and mature a little quicker then others, just remember that while these people don't get along, don't let it influence the way you feel for them, nor effect the type of relationship you have with these people......

Be Happy...

Hrm, I can say I'm kind of in your boat. I've had worse things happen to me in my life (some continue to happen) and the message that I've been told is that these things happen to make you stronger later in life. That's the advice I'll give you, and the advice I should listen to myself. If you (or anyone) ever want's to talk about anything to someone who cares btw, just pm me and we can talk. I myself have been through my fair share of pain and sometimes continue to feel the pain. I just want to try to learn from the past and be stronger, and sometimes that's hard. Anyways, I'll stop rambling. Take care and if you ever wanna talk, I'm usually on AO 24/7.
    Space For Rent.. =]

That's very nice of you Spyder. I've been trying to decide what to do with my life lately and everybody puts so much pressure on me, like I'm expected to live up to everyone's expectations. One of my biggest issues right now is what career to chose from, and since I'm senior in HS, I was thinking of getting a few certifications and learn what I can in computer network. So my sister comes to this site a lot and she told me to sign up because I can find helpful people here. After seeing what you wrote here, I think I made a good choice.
    Don't let your parents divorce change your life. My parent's divorced when I was a child, my father now lives with a man and they are very happy. I love my step father and me and my sisters grew up just fine. Hang in there!