Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to hack my own computer??

How to hack my own computer??

I have two computers sharing a cable connection through a router and I want learn how to hack one.

I have a good knowledge of computers ( I have A+ cert, network + and currently working on MCSA ) but not to knowledged with hacking. I would like to learn for the knowledge of how its done not to use for attack but for defense.

So how do I hack my own computer? Any help would be great links, tutorials ect.....

Banned
    Woah, Dark Raider!
    Don't shoot off too fast....

He, actually, is asking the right question.
    He asked how to hack his network, which, on this site, is ok.

You have to learn one way....

As for how? That's what hacking is all about....

Read up on tutorials, vulnerabilities, exploits and so about the OS that your box is running....

Just make sure your intentions and pure and good (like you mentioned, as a line of defense)

tyger_claw,

OK, if you think so, then... as everybody should know from past threads of mine, i have two computers in my room. Can you teach me how to HACK my WinME computer from the one with WinXP? It's just to learn because the one with XP has its own firewall and is protected but the one with WinME doesn't have any protection so i want to know how hackers can do to HACK it so i can protect it better.

Thanks in advance!!!

Note: Besides, i don't even negged jiffy!!! Just gave him an advice in my humble opinion.

Banned
    There's no "magic" answer on how to....

Learn about exploits from sites like eweek.com and other listed sites on AO
    (Like the XP mp3 exploit of last week)

Basically read up on many things related to your OS and hardware and see what comes up and be creative on your attemps....

Edit/Add:
    Dark Raider> That's cool, I don't neg people right away either. It's good you gave him advice.

tyger_claw,

Thanks, i'll follow your advices.

Bye.

ok

well i dont know about what they taught u on Network + but part of the topics I had in my Network + days was Network Security and Vulnerabilities. we were exploitng and securing the latest softwares used in networks like the diff versions of IIS for one, or Win9x and 2K and ME and XP. We also learnt some exploits in Novell and Linux. some security over-looks, things the makers of the software over-looked and didnt notice it was a security risk etc etc. then we were taught how to secure them. it may not be as effective as to how Systems Admin do it but we do as much as we can Network wise. but yeah, what u learnt in your class should be enough to teach u or give u a rough idea in "hacking" into systems.

You must have a differnt network certification than the one I have.

Antionline's Security Dude instronics's Avatar
    hmmm, i really hope that this url will not get me into any trouble....but if so i deeply apologize, as mentioned above, its for your own network......so http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hack....html#why_this might help you. Its a general info on how to become a hacker, more about ethics and what is required than most people think. If you really wanna stay clean and be a NON-EVIL "hacker", then i suggest you think about what hacking really is.

Merry xmas
    Ubuntu-: Means in African : "Im too dumb to use Slackware"

You say you've got A+, working on MCSA.
    I'll assume you are using Microsoft OS.
    Try using and understanding the 'net' commands.

Create one box to be a server (not exposed preferably) and hack into it.
    Try the unicode exploit and figure if you understand it.

Create an exposed server and monitor it.
    Learn some *nix
    Read anything you can get your hands on.