proxy for telnet?

Thread: proxy for telnet?

proxy for telnet?

im in the process of teaching myself how to use telnet, and i was wondering if there are any proxy's that i can use while in telnet? a thanx in advance for all replies.

that was a really good site tyger_claw, i understood it all except for one part........

Check whether Proxy+'s Telnet Gateway is enabled on Proxy Settings/Proxies/General WWW Admin page.

How to use Telnet Gateway
    a) manually - you connect to the P+'s Telnet Gateway and when Proxy+'s prompt appears you type hostname or IP of target server

where do i go in the client to view the admin page?i apologize if that is a redudent question, like i said im in the process of learning how to use it.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

Banned
    It ain't redundent, some sites will assume that you have certain options in certain program/clients that others don't have.

And actually, I haven't looked into it (yet) so I couldn't tell you for now.....

I'll check it once I get off work and let you know...

Banned
    I looked at the program myself and couldn't find what they are talking about.
    The only option I can get are hide and send mail.....

I'll look around and see if I can find something else....

im in the process of teaching myself how to use telnet
    While it is good to know how to use this "tool", but from a security stand point, I wouldn't use this outside your own LAN/WAN. And I would only really use this as a quick test to see that the network connection is working properly all the way through the OSI model.

You should learn how to use ssh or PuTTY.

These applications are a little better than telnet because they provide some username/password and encryption.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

tyger i appreciate your input, and phishphreek80 thanx for the info about those programs i am currently d/l them both.thanx again guys.
    Don\'t be a bitch! Use Slackware.

the is the site that sells proxy plus. the reason you cant find the admin page is because they are assuming you have the proxy server installed and are trying to set it up.

i dont know of any publicly available proxys that support telnet intentionally. which is what i think your asking for. these require time and patience to find and you'll not find too many people willing to make their find public and loose it.

if im wrong about this you can find an easy to use proxy, for download, that supports telnet at anolog X.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”