precious
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: precious

precious

Yes, my precioussss
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

A well made sharacter (Gollum) but IMO could the story follow the original books better. It was a great movie adventure though.. Wish I could have stopped myself from raise and leave the cinema after half the movie, I was a bit angry when they had changed the story and left out important parts. I was not the only one who left after half the movie so Im not the only one to be upset .

It's a hard life to be addicted to fantasy and Tolkiens masterpiece but someone has to be that aswell .

~micael

a movie is a movie, and thats what it is. compared to the books the movie itself was a masterpiece of a different kind. although id like to see an exact rendition of tolk's books, i liked the movie a lot, it was well worth the time and money

Banned
    Hehe, pretty good movies, but like micael said, they could've followed the book a bit more thoroughly.

I personally pictured Gollum being a bit different-looking... feet just weren't big enough, and I kinda imagined him being green-ish (not sure if I read that, or if I just made up that color for some reason).

All in all, though, pretty good movies. I'll be seeing the next one.

yeah... if the movie followed the books preciesly, they'd be about 10 hours each :P

but i think Gollum was in fact green. my uncle has some porcelain or some type of material figures of a bunch of characters, and, although Gollum looks more or less like the figurine, he was green.

regardless, i really did think the movie was good, apart from a lot of things being cut, or changed. a couple of things i noticed of this one:

Treebeard didn't show the hobbits to Gandalf to decide whether they were orcs or not. he figured that on his own by hearing their voices. and no orc chased them through the woods.

the entmoot decided that they wouldn, in fact, attack sarumon. then the hobbits were introduced to Quickbeam for the duration of the entmoot, so they wouldn't be completely bored.

that's all i can really think of off the top of my head. but i still liked the movie
    i will shoot you so hard.

Guys,

I really love the movie. Think this way: Peter Jackson (LOTR's director) is a really smart man, he have made a master piece with this movie. 3 episodes of around 3 hours each (i suppose the third one too) full of adventure and really fantastic special efects. Besides, no one knows more than him about Tolkien so he must have had his own ideas and thoughts to not putting some Tolkien passages in LOTR movie. Any director wants to have his own imagination sometimes and not going strictly by-the-book.

Ah!!! one more thing, i don't know how is Gollum exactly but here you have a really nice picture of him. It's 521 KB but it's worth waiting to see it.

Bye.

Man, isn't he beautiful?
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Hey Micael, have you checked out the collectors edition box set? I got it for my father, who by the way loved it, and it is supposed to be an extended version....30 minutes longer to my knowledge...Not sure if this covered parts in the book that were left out in the cinema presentation, but none-the-less, still an awesome movie!!! I'm seeing the 2nd one this sunday.
    [pong][blur]Victory to Success[/blur][/pong]is only half won through the[pong][blur]Habit of Hard Work...[/blur][/pong]
    -Jagfire19

Yes I have the Extended version of the first movie and it's a better movie. The first movie was a bit better compared to The Two Towers since it did not change the story as much, both movies do leave out big parts and that's ok. But I dont like when they change the story to much it's better if they leave out details instead .

Dont missunderstand me, both movies are masterpieces and I will see the Two Towers again in time when my first dissapointment is gone.

And as SarinMage said

a movie is a movie, and thats what it is. compared to the books the movie itself was a masterpiece of a different kind.
    This is true I have to see it as a movie not a extension of the book .

~micael

nice movie ... though i didn't read the book
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?