I need advice

Thread: I need advice

I need advice

I am new to Linux and I'm going to do a Windows 2000/Red Hat 8.0 dual boot, which I know how to do. But I need advice with a more trivial matter, I know there is a way to do this and I searched for it, and came up empty. How can I play my games that were designed for Windows, in Red Hat? I'm not familiar with Linux at all so you probably need to simplify your answer as far as that goes, but other than that I will be able to understand most anything that is said. Again, I know I read a thread about this 3 or 4 months ago but I can't find it now with several different searches through here, and I couldn't find anything by searching google.com. Thanks in advance for any and all relevant information.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

There is a package called WINE, which will let you run windows apps in linux. It should be on the rh8 cd's. I have no idea how to set it up, as I have never done so.

maybe you will find some info here...

http://www.frankscorner.org/wine/

Great question mrcoffee, and thanks for the information IchNiSan. I always wondered how I could possibly do this as well. I think the fact that you can actually do something like this does a great deal for support of the Linux OS as a desktop OS. Hopefully, more vendors will start making nix-compatible versions of their games. Again, thanks for the information.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Thanks guys, I went, I downloaded, I compiled, I played.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.