Service Usage.

Thread: Service Usage.

Service Usage.

My internet account keeps a log of the hours I have been online. I was looking at it and it said I used 175hrs and 16min on the 19th and the 24th. I called my ISP and they just gave me credit for it with no explanation. Can someone please give me an idea of what happened? There is a software goof somewhere I would just like to find out how it happened.

I don't think that it's anything that can be explained on your end. Either they've got a glitch in their billing system, or they are just pulling the wool over your eyes, or maybe even both. I have never heard of such a thing, however. If I were you, I would make sure I kept a close eye on my billing statements, or you could always just change ISPs if possible.

Cheers
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

Banned
    It could be that there are other people who have your account info and used it on those days....

It could also be that there was an echo in the system and it logged you several times instead of once....

That's all i can think of, besides the above mentioned....

noregine, your statement half explains it to me.
    If they gave you extra credit without any mention, it would sure mean it was a problem at their end, otherwise dont you observe how money-eating these people can become ?
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

I talked to the ISP again and they are investigating it. It must be a glitch because the two days had exactly the same amount of hours on each. They too had said that it had never come up before. Invader, I can't quite understand your question could you please rephrase your question?

No question buddy, jus ignore it
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"