Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tips for when AO has graphic problems.

Tips for when AO has graphic problems.

Guys,

When AO has graphics problems like now (this happens from time to time) a little help could be saving some AO pages like the ones where you write threads, answer threads, view threads, etc. (obviously save this pages when AO doesn't have problems and all the graphics are OK).

At this moment if you want to post a thread you have no graphic buttons but you can move your mouse over the place they are supposed to be and in the status bar it says a line about what the "disspapeared button" is for.

But instead of being guessing this, i prefer to open an already saved AO page in another browser window and take a look at where are the grapchis of the buttons i want to press. It's just a little help to know where these buttons are while AO fixes the problem.

Hope it helps the most new AO members to post or edit threads.

Bye.

Thats a great idea, and will help those not used to the pages, like newbies and the sort. Thanks!
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

hey, dkrr, i use opera so when ao has graphics problems, i click on this little camera under the back button and it doesnt load pics. it shows where they are supposed to be and you can still use them, but you just cant see them. this makes loading pages much faster, because when AO has graphics problems it usually takes ages for a page to load
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

you could also set your cach size larger so that its more likely that the images will be preseved in the cache, i also use opera and usually when the images server is plying up i still get most of the images, but theyre just cached locally

Any idea of the problem origin? Is this related with the world wide Sapphir attack?
    Is AO using windows 2000 SQL server?

I think these kind of info may be very valuable for AO members!
    For learning what the reality of worms attacks are and how to solve the problem!

N.B. Please don't misunderstand what I am saying! There no sacial engineering behind that post. Just want to learn more & more & more & ....
    [shadow] SHARING KNOWLEDGE[/shadow]

well I'm pretty sure they aren't running any MS product here, but I could be mistaken and I don't think they will tell us one way or the other.

Most likely this isn't related to the sapphire/slammer worm that is floating around as AO has these graphics glitches on occasion like this. It should clear up in a few hours as JP and the crew get to cracking on this.

El Diablo

you know, if you hover over the buttons, it tells you what they are...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

THANK YOU! I almost reinstalled ie until I realised it was only this site.
    the only way to fix it is to flush it all away-tool

Trumpet-Eared Gentoo Freak
    Hi,

I'm very sorry to do it this way, but I don't seem to be able to start a new thread in any of the forums, I can't send someone a PM to start a thread for me.

What can I do ??? Help me, I'm just a little big oger.

Greetz,
    Come and check out our wargame-site @ http://www.rootcontest.org
    We chat @ irc.smdc-network.org #lobby

Hi,

Go to the forum you have to start your thread and try to move your mouse over the "New Thread Button" (obvioulsy you won't see it so here you have a picture to help you find the button.

Good luck!!!

DKRR