Possible first human clone born
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible first human clone born

Possible first human clone born

Found on CTV

There is a report late Thursday that a Canadian-based group will announce one of its members has given birth to the first human clone. The group has scheduled a news conference for Friday to offer details on the claim.

The Raelians, a religious cult based in Quebec, announced on Dec. 18 that the baby was expected to be born in the next 14 days.
    Full Article Here Here

I don't know about anyone else, but I find this possibility both amazing and terrifying at the same time. I would like to hear everyone elses oppinions about this situation.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Syini666,

Sound like movie to me, hehe!!! No, really, i think is still to soon for people to have a clear idea about cloning. Personally, i don't know if this is good or bad because i have never seen a clon obviously. I haven't seen neither the advantages or disadvantages of this. If scientists are still arguing about this issue imagine what could it be if we ask the entire world people what they think about this too. Every single person has it opinion and, in many, many cases, persons think that cloning is really bad but can't say why. There is people that give opinions just for nothing, for example: "yes, cloning is bad, and bla, bla, bla"... and then you ask them why they think this and they say: "mmm... i don't know... but yes, cloning is bad". Again, for me it's too soon to know what cloning will give humanity. I'm open minded and would like to wait more and see what happen in a close future.

Bye.

Cloning?

well -DaRK-RaiDeR- is right. Nobody can say what advantages or disadvantages of this are yet but just try to imagine 50 or 60 Bill Gates in one place at the same time. Wow this is ...

Open your mind, think deeper.
    If you want to lead the people you must follow them.

www.homomultimedia.com

Iaio > I see both sides of it, giving people a second chance at life through things such as stem cell research, but then I see the flip side, the fear that human cloning would bring about. Plus you get into the moral and religous aspects of it, and that complicates the matter ten fold. Its a really touchy subject really...
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Banned
    I fully support organ cloneing. But the world is already over-populated and these peaple want more humans running around? I remember hearing a story when I was a kid... Its about how the world gets over-populated and the peaple of earth are so noisy that the greek gods destroy the earth just so they could have a minute of peace. Alot of cities I've seen are so over flooded with peaple that it's hard to breath when you walk outside and just imagine what would happen if everyone wanted a clone. LOL

Well I am not a religous man so it is moral only to me. I believe in science and in me only.
    If you want to lead the people you must follow them.

www.homomultimedia.com

Caught the quick-clip on PBS this morning, apparently this group thinks Planet Earth was populated 25,000 years ago by space-travelers cloning themselves (or something like that) to provide the first humanoids on this planet. Of course, that begs explanation for some of the great archaeological finds last century, like the 6,000 year-old frozen man between Spain and a neighboring country; skins for clothes, archery equipment, rudimentary tools... me wonders if he was 19,000 years up the food chain from the first clone, that original space-clone dude must have been one scary spaceman! BTW, they called the new clone-baby "Eve". Just wondering, if the baby is "Eve", then what is the mother's name? There is supposed to be some recognized investigative-reporter who will choose a reliable scientist-type who will go take DNA samples from the mother and baby-eve and compare the DNA-chains to see if they are duplicates or just normal gene-pool passons.
    Apparently this story will have a chaper-2, they say within ten days.
    We'll all stay tuned.
    And, btw, from what i've read, cloning does not guarantee an act-alike, think-alike carbon copy of the original. In fact, a very loose representation of what the high-guessers are saying might be simplistically demonstrated in the hilarious flick... Multiplicity.

The stuff that I've read about cloning says that there is a great risk of premature aging and premature age related illnesses, and the way they actually make the clone is very similar to the whole insemination routine, or when older woman elect to use a younger womans egg to have a child. . .but I agree with most of the rest of you, cloning would be great for organs, but I don't really see any need to clone entire people. . .
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    The main thought that keeps running through my mind.....

....it's a very slippery slope.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

Old Fart
    I can't help but wonder about the ramifications where the child is involved. I would hope that they have enough sense to keep the name of her mother out of the public domain for the childs sake. I also seem to recall that there were some unforseen issues concerning "Dolly", who because she was cloned from a sheep that was 5 years old suffered from an accelerated aging phenomena. Since the "mother/DNA donor" is at least 30, it seems that this could be an issue with "Eve" also.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...