Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with dos on xp

man u have one weird ass relationship

if i was to talk to my g/friend about something like that it would go

me I'm unzipping your folder
    Her A what folder?
    me You know like a compressed folder? Same kinda thing as rar?? has a wee .zip at end of it?
    her Oh right computer stuff - yeah can we talk about something else??

......:: And can you believe she has more computer qualifications than me >_<;

v_Ln

Because she has more qualifications than you is the reason i percieve she's too bored to talk about it, well mine is interested , totally
    ah anyway...

oh btw i loved this quicktip by zeroone -
    Passwords are like underpants. Change them often enough (especially if asked to), use only your own ones, don't keep them visible, don't brag about them and remember that changing them too often is not a sin.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

heh nah she didn't spend much time doing computers - just an A-level in IT
    but still more than I've got.....my school didn't do any computer courses
    ahhh well

v_Ln

just a question...if you don't have DOS...then wot da hell is that black and grey thing you get if you force XP not to load??
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

hey this is the twinge, im not signed in i dont think but anyway, i no about command line, i hate it, i like dos 6.22 and the windows 98se dos, i would like to get ms-dos on my laptop, wich is win xp, all i want to no is if there is a way to get dos on my pc and whare or how do i do that

p.s. no offence but is it really necesarie to talk about ur g/f's in here? if it is then by all means continu but if u can move it to p/m or another thread then please do thank you

twinge.....
    ok so we have gone a lil of topic but if you read up before my and invader started muckin round you would see that the question had already been answered in the thread

1. here by noODle
    2. here by gore
      &
    3. here by myself

so i don't think the fact that we went of on a tangent should cause any preoblems do you?? I could even go into the fact that the thread was posted in general chit chat as well but I won't

I agree that it can be annoying when you post a thread only to watch it disapear in a completly different direction as a couple of people start talking about something different in it to what it was started about.....but i find this only annoying if the question has not already been answered while in this case it had been......

what fun would it be if no thread ever went off on a tangent about something or other?? its part of what keeps pulling me back to AO - you can never tell where a convo could end up....same as in real life. Plus this kind of conversation in a thread is part of what has helped build the high level of community in AO.

Sorry if i sound like i am preaching but.....errrrrm actually am not

v_Ln

sorry val but thanks for the info and go ahead chating in my thread... as long as u had me some antipoints lol j/k its alright go ahead