Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This place is toooo weird!!

DArk-Raider, you can't really complain. If you look back, you posted like 3 MERRY XMAS posts. The first post you said merry christmas, we appreciated it, well i appreciated it. There was no reason to post that 3 times. You say that people look for bad things in a thread to neg, thats not true, if you get neg'd you did something wrong. If everything you posted was what everybody thought was helpful, you would have way more dots that you have, with the amount of post you have . My point is that sometimes, we see a thread that we want to post on, but the idea doesn't come out as we wanted, and expected to. For that reason, we get somethng that we do want. Good point phishphreak. -Ebo

It's sort of annoying to get neg points for posting your opinion on something...grr...I really don't mind as long as I dont' get banned. I just don't like having AO open up to a smily face flipping me off.

well i've been here for a quiet long time now, i've noticed that u get neg for two reasons:

1- posting bull ****.
    and that doesn't mean, " i don't like ur openion" it means u post something wrong.

2- someone doesn't like u or doesn't like the thread starter :
    the bad thing is, u'll find lots of those AS$H0l3s.
    but the good part is, JP and the senior members are trying their best to control this part.

AP is something important, it's not just a green points on ur shoulder, as we all know APs shows lots of things:
    your knowledge which is the most imp. part, respect for ur self and other AOers & it shows how much u r welcomed in the site.

i've been neged allot, but i just quit posting for a while, i knew there was someone just don't like me, but i didn't stop coming here,
    coz' i'm here for knowledge not fun, it's good from JP to start some forums like cosmos and general chit chat .. and other socializing forums, it generates a stronger relation between members.

conclusion: if u are here to learn , then do so, and forget about the lamers, things will just pass

good luck
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

I have noticed that the second post in a thread counts. If you post somthing really good, and someone with a lot of green dots complains about the post, the post usually goes down hill from there. On the other hand, if you post junk, and some big wig complements it, you'll get points. Kinda cruel. I like the site before the antipoints. There were jerks, but there still are. You neg a guy out, and he will just come back. If we are going to have antipoint, they should give the new guys at least three greens to start. If people followed the following rules about neging someone, antipoints would be fine. Anybody around here should know that you should not give negs unless:

The person starts whining.
    note: whining and complaining are two different things.

The person posts multiple threads on the same thing.

The person makes personal attacks.

The person asks questions not related to the site.
    i.e. "I want to learn how to hack my school computer."

The person posts a thread in the wrong catagory.
    "This can vary slightly with opinion, so be careful."

The person uses exceptionally filthy language.

The person brags about doing illegal things.

The person uses a miss-leading thread name.
    i.e. thread name: "School system vuneralabilitys" thread post: "How can I hack the system."

There are a few others that I missed.

You should NOT give negs when:

Someone disagrees with you.

When you don't like the posting person.

When you don't like the thread starter.

When someone nicely repremands you for a mistake.

There are others, but try not to start neg wars.
    Shelby Spencer

is it just me or do people never learn?
    DON'T MOAN....
    do some searching before posting, as it says in the FAQ.....and you will soon see why ppl shouldn't go whinging bout AP's......ugh..........

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Now I don't want to add more fuel to this fire dealing with ap's or anything, but why not just make a few changes to the ap system, and make it so a user can view who gave him neg points?
    From far away, everyone looks cute.

Under lost, that would be adding a whole lot of fuel to the fire. If you they were to do this, there would be no point os this site. If you knew somebody gave you a negative ap, and you didn't really know why, the first thing you would want to do is retaliate. In that case AO won't be a place of shring and exchanging knowledge, it would be a place of negging and exchanging negative ap's. Get what i mean?

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    Now I don't want to add more fuel to this fire dealing with ap's or anything, but why not just make a few changes to the ap system, and make it so a user can view who gave him neg points?
    Underlost, unfortunately, a lot of people can be immature and your idea would just be a catalyst for negative antipoint wars.

Edit: Sorry, Ebo....we were writing at the same time.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

this whole antipoint system is one big honesty box. nobody controls what goes in and its totally up to the person who puts in, what they put in and why.

sux dont it
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    sux dont it
    No, it doesn't suck. It's just the "system" and it works. It weeds out all the garbage. If the antipoint system was not in place this site would not be as informative and helpful as it is.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery