Thread: Smilies...

Smilies...

Dear AO members,

i am a user of msn messenger and having been using it for so long, have come to learn all of the possible smilies. however, as i read through AO posts, i see some different smilies.

these include ones like a blue smilie with his thumb up, and other ones i havent encountered before. this is not an avatar but it appears in normal text.

firstly, how do you make them and where can i find a list of the ones used on AO

thanks,

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Well, when you go to post reply on any thread, on the side of the text box is a little box with emoticons and a link to get more. You would click that to find out how to make those emoticons. However, I think AntiOnline has more emoticons than MSN Messenger (atleast better ones), so not all of the one's you find at AO will work on MSN Messenger, and vice versa. Hope I helped
    Space For Rent.. =]

They are explained in the FAQ or you can find them here:

http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s...on=showsmilies
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

Damn, thanks Magnoon . I didn't know there was a direct link or anything, I forgot. Thanks
    Space For Rent.. =]

thanks magnoon. some of them are pretty good.
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

The question now is: "Does the person who invented the "happy face" receive a royalty cheque/check for each happy face used on the internet?".....hells fire, it's probably Bill Gates now that I think about it!

**Was the original "happy face" used on a t-shirt or coffee mug? I think it was a white t-shirt** <royalty cheque/check>
    I\'d rather die on my feet than live my life on my knees.

(Emiliano Zapata, a Mexican revolutionary in the early 1900s)

Not Bill Gates, that honor seems to go to Scott Fahlman who history says sent the first smiley on 9-19-1982, though Kevin MacKenzie claims he invented it in 1979.

Yet despite this momentous invention, Fahlman has never made a penny from it. He did not realise what a popular new language he had invented on that September day, he never thought to patent it or even to keep a record of the day himself. :-(
    You can read more about it here if you are interested. http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,4504528,00.html
    If you receive something that says \'Send this to everyone you know,\' pretend you don\'t know me.

er0k
    those smileys are bulletin board code, and you cant use them in msn.