Thread: The Freenet!

The Freenet!

how many of you have heard of the FreeNet. well, let me tell you what it is.

it works in similar ways of kazaa and other file sharing applications. however, the freenet works by radio signals using any dish (usually ones provided by foxtel, or sky) and modifying that and connecting it to your computer using a specific card.

every person connected to freenet shares files and recieves selected files within the radio network. because it is radio it is faster that dsl and doesnt need a phone line to be used. however, i live in australia and thus far understand that it is only available here. at the site there are maps for the satelites range, how to modify the dishes. ect.

anyway, all the detail are at the url:

www.e3.com.au

Trust_Not_123
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----

Here is an article about another project called Freenet
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=234178

They don't seem to be related. It will be difficult to know of what we speak about.

But this system is too dependent of the wireless technologies and their limitations to be really efficient in my point of view.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

yeah, the link that you pointed out kisskool was more or an anonymous internet. while the freenet i speak of it totally focused on file sharing
    - Trying is the first step towards failure. the moral is never try.
    - It\'s like something out of that twilighty show about that zone.
    ----Homer J Simpson----