Thread: Invalid Link

Invalid Link

I found a link to a thread that comes up with an invalid thread message:

here. It was on the active page on front.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

maybe the poster changed his/her mind!?!
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Yeah, that's what I figured too, but I kept refreshing, and it was still there. Then I logged out and cleared my cache before coming back and logging in again. However, it was still there. I don't know what happened, but I think it is now deleted. Weird...

Smile

why not linux?
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=238136
    i posted the thread!

this is due to a bug ,after the one that got 26 posts of mine this one dose the reverse thing
    it increases the number of posts but the post appears being invalid,if you search all the posts i have made you can find the one with the name "why not linux" i posting it under ao gen.dis
    but after i hit the submit key it was not listed in that forum how ever it appeared in the ao
    active threads on the main page.
    i don't know if it can be done again or not but if somebody can do it again and again he/she can easily incease the number of his/her threads with no prob,because everyone would just think it is a bug.
    a user can start sending posts like this from the start (when he has not yet made any posts)and in this way you can not find any posts to neg him/her because you can not access any of those posts!

Wow! Thanks for clearing that up for me. It seemed weird.

Smile

My results on trying to access this Invalid Link...

I was able to get to it and read it. Theoretically, I can still assign antipoints to it, and acturally post a reply to it, because I do know it exists. The only thing is that I have to do some "creative hacking" to do those things. Right now, I do not have the time to see if those things are really possible.

On to black_death's post...
    black_death - I'd think option H - the security of the OS would be a reason TO install Linux. The reason I don't use Linux is because of C - Hardware Compatibility. I can't get my modem to work - and no, it is not a winmodem (according to the labeling, it is Linux Compatible). I have the driver CD, but can't read the instructions (in Japanese) and install the drivers. I've asked others if they have the drivers, but they claim that my chipset is not well supported. If my modem doesn't work, I can't get online, so I stick with Windows because I can get online, and with enough understanding and time, you can secure it quite well.

I might try to look into the possible causes of this bug, because I used to be fairly good at finding bugs of my own.

-Tim_axe

Edit: I can open the window to assign antipoints to that post, but have not acturally assigned the points. I'm still digging around...

Edit2: I attempted to submit a reply, but it failed. While hacking about, I found something that may be related to this bug. Not sure if it is the cause, though. Infact, it may acturally be some hidden feature - but I don't want to start a testing thread right now... I'm just relaying my results here.

Results:
    It is possible to post antipoints to these invalid posts,
    But you cannot reply to them.

Hey, if you guys find any more of these invalid links, PM the address to me & I'll investigate & respond accordingly.

another invalid thread:

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=238396

Thread: Xupiter is driving me crazy
    Preview: Help, I've been all over the internet trying to get rid of this stupid Xupiter spyware! Unfortunetly, everything I've found on the internet gives mixed signals. . .Can anyone give me a straight answer?...

Sorry about that, that last invalid thread was mine. Next time I'll try to get it right. . Guess Xupiter screwed me once more. .

techtech i already reported ur bad link to the webmaster.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?