Thread: Linksys Red Diag Light

Linksys Red Diag Light

What's wrong with the router? It's the befsr41 router and since I accidentally pulled out the surge plug that had the modem and router connected, the red diag light started blinking. I can't get rid of it even with the reset button. What's wron with it?
    P.S. I can't connect to it, I tried installing the software, but no luck.

Try unplugging it for a few minutes and plugging it back in...
    (Oh, and check the user manual for the exact meaning of the blinking red light...)

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Like Ammo said, Leave it unplugged, however, dealing with these particular routers as much as I do (we are resellers) chances are it will need to be RMAed. Ammo - the manual SUCKS, it states Red Diag light stays on etc.... -- return to Linksys
    Remember -
    The ark was built by amatures...
    The Titanic was built by professionals.

Linksys's KB (article ID KB10934131):

http://kb.linksys.com/cgi-bin/om_isa...W_ENU_JDocView

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

I'm going to try the unplugging and the user manual doesn't help at all. Linksys suggested to me to RMA the router, but I'd rather see what's wrong with it. I do know that it is an internal problem.

Ammo- I've tried that, but if I can't connect to the router at all and it isn't responding, how am I going to do that?

avenjer_jcc- I may try another option of which is to bring it back to fry's and see what they will do about it, if it's just going to be a return with a replacement, then i'll take that option.

TY to all.

When you pressed the reset button, did you hold it for 5-10 seconds to make sure it reset? We had to reset a few here, and it didn't work until we held the button down long enough. Try it again when you get the chance.

t2k2
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile

I have a 3com home ethernet router, and ever since I got it, the error light has been blinking but it's working completely fine...strange...

I really didn't want to waste the time looking for an answer for it....although the answer is probably out there, and it's looking for me (hah, a little matrix quote there)

Happy holidays
    Either get busy living or get busy dying.

-The Sawshank Redemption

Mine doesn't work at all, it's been blinking for a day now and yet it still hasn't gone away. I tried holding it down for 30 seconds, but nothing. I called Linksys, and they couldn't help. I know Linksys is a fine brand, but is there another good choice for a home router with pretty good security for a home appliance?

I think maybe it's a fluke. If I were you, I would return it to get another one.

I think maybe it's a fluke. If I were you, I would return it to get another one. I haven't worked with any other personal routers/firewalls, so unfortunately, I can't help you with another suggestion.
    Opinions are like holes - everybody\'s got\'em.

Smile