Edit: heh, this got rather lengthy. My actual question is in the last paragraph. Feel free to skip ahead

Get this: I'm installing a new computer at my father's work, upgrading him from win98 to xp. I installed about everything, and end up with only his banking-software left. Installing that software is no problem. There's a quick InstallShield popup, the obvious questions, and thats it.

Next, I switch to the userprofile assigned to the person who's in charge of, well, making transactions with the bank. I fire up the program and try to login. "Yaddayada.mdb could not be found." WTF? I'm opening explorer and find the file just where it is supposed to be. Could this be a user-conflict? I switch back to the administrator-profile and deinstall everything, only to switch back to the user-profile again (sigh) and install it all over (again, sigh).

Exact same problem.

Ok, this is a little weird. Thank god, there's always the internet. After a quick search I learn the location of the supportsite of the bank. I'm stunned to read this:

(loosly translated)
Installing the "Rabobank Telebankieren Extra" software under Windows XP requires a user that has access to ALL RESOURCES that Windows XP offers. These so called ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS are also manditory for all those who use this software on a PC running Windows XP. (...)
Is it just me, or is just incredibly stupid to give a user that only has to perform banking-related task full admin-powers?

This is how I thought to bypass the problem: Windows XP lets you run a shortcut as another user (you can enable this under "properties", "advanced"). Now, each time I want to start the software, I'm prompted for a username and password. Yes, this works for me, but I'd rather not have this user constantly have to fill out that. Isn't there a way to specify a user (and password) once, and use that indefinatly? Any ideas?