Legality of target practice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legality of target practice

Question Legality of target practice

I believe someone has used me for "target practice". If I could prove it, what are my legal options? Could I press charges? How legal/illegal is "target practice"?
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

what kind of target practice? More detail needed.....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Originally posted here by Noia
    what kind of target practice? More detail needed.....

- Noia
    I suspect A trojan Horse attack....Jenna will fill you in

I think this person used a version of sub7 to semi control some puter progz. I can't find anything really wrong, except my networked bot is acing up. it's password controlled. not only that, but 'someone' changed my AOL pw and my log on to windows PW
    If at first you don\'t succeed, try again. Then give up. There is no sense in being ridiculous about things!

If you do not want to disclose the exact nature of the "target practice", you would atleast have to give a hint , or if you wish also not to do that, which is understandable because this medium is very vulnerable and open for everyone, you might want to approach a lawyer and decide.
    If there is even the slightest doubt that, it should remain confidential and not be disclosed, just dont .

Edit : Jenalynn, you beat me into it. We were just typing at the same time.
    But as it has turned out, it's a very minor defect.
    \"I have a 386 Pentium.\"

hmmm interesting..... would this be firearms target practice? I waould say most definately on that, but your computer? I think that would be a different story IMHO. It's up to you to protect your computer from attscks. If at all I say do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Set up a firewall and config it then see if you can catch them with the logs or maybe sniffer logs. I'm not well versed in all of this so I wouldn't know.

i really need help here......its getting bad. i cant even scan for viruses!

er0k
    simple, back your important stuff up, and reinstall. problem solved. that attacker wont ever be likely to pick that computer again, and this time get a decent firewall like Tiny Personal or something, have that running at all times, and some decent AV software, like Kaspersky. But if you would run Linux of some sort you wouldnt have to worry about all those lame trojans, viruses, etc.... they are virtually non-existant in the *nix world !

I know. Windows is worthless! I'm working on getting linux. I need to trash my box....I think I'm gonna trade this in for a new one.....

on the subject of firewalls....get outpost instead....free and better in test than Tiny and ZA....or most for that matter......I'll link you

http://www.agnitum.com/

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.