Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can nokias get viruses?

Banned
    You don't have much to worry about viruses through small objects such as PDA and CELL are alot like the sneaker net days.... back in the the old days where viruses mostly came from floppies that were passed to evil peaple. As long as you make sure nobody can pick up any signals or you keep your PDA away from your PC you should be ok. As for cell phones.... there is still the threat of SMS bombs and cloning but you'll hardly see anyone bored enought to do any of this unless you piss someone off.

I dont know about viruses for cell phones, but i have read a couple of ways to crash them. One of them was mentioned above. Another one i read about was sending it characters that it doesn't recognize like ©÷ ə ¬¸ or something like that. I dont know if this is possible. I tested some of the characters out on my phone and nothing happened but i might not be using the right ones. Hope this helps a little.
    The only four things i need are food, water, a computer, and the internet.

trinity,

Well, we are not really sure about cellphones virus but... do you want to make a friend a joke? Use this picture and send it directly to his phone as a picture msg, hehe!!! It's a good "new year" joke!!!

Bye.

hello

and the answer is yes you can get a virus in a nokia phone
    you will normally recieve a txt message from "ace" if u read this message it somehow makes
    your phone inopprable.i can confirm this as my boss's sister works for nokia and they have comnfirmed that this "ace" virus is for real and not a hoax...if u want you can contact nokia who will advise you in this matter.....

hope this helps

waterboy