Thread: IE Address Bar History?

IE Address Bar History?

I was wondering if anyone would no where internet explorer 6 keeps its address bar history.

Thanks in advance.
    Shelby Spencer

Banned
    Exactly where, I'm not sure, but here's a few things for ya.

Hidden URLs in IE are coming from the registry key
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs]

You can remove the AutoComplete option, but it'll only mask the history files.

Setting the history to 0 will not "save" files, but the files will still be entered on your computer and recoverable.

There's a program called Spider that'll remove these hidden URLs (history). Just get it to scan your whole drive for certainty.

Here's a tread that talks about hidden urls and such for IE Link

Hope this helps a little....

*Add: Found this at this Site
    Different operating systems use different paths to the history, temporary internet files and cookies folders. Check your system to make sure that you are using the correct path for your machine. For example, you may find your folders are located at ...\documents and settings\{identity}\{dir} or similar.

The Iceman Cometh
    TweakUI, a free program from Microsoft, has the ability to clear the typed cache, as well as history, etc. every time you close your browser. You can find it on Microsoft's download site (the newest versions are 2.0 for XP and 1.33 for 95-2000). There are also many other third-party programs which will allow you to do this same thing. Some are freeware, some are shareware and some are full retail packages. If you're interested in downloading one, just search some online archives, such as www.download.com or www.pcworld.com.

AJ

Thank you both. I know there are progs to clear the cache, but I thought it would be fun to write my own.
    Shelby Spencer