Xbox Live/network help

Thread: Xbox Live/network help

Xbox Live/network help

I just got xbox live. The only way I can play it is in the room with the base station in it. Problem is, this room is next to my parents room. So I want to play it downstairs in another room. But I can't run a cat5 cable across the house, downstairs, then into my room.

I have a wireless network set up in my house. Does anyone know of a way to use...say a laptop or a tower that's connected to the network with an adapter, to somehow route the connection to the xbox? Or does anyone else know how to get an xbox connected to a wireless network?

Or will I have to drill holes in the floor....
    Thanks

The Iceman Cometh
    You say you have an existing wireless network? You can purchase a wireless bridge which connects to the CAT-5 port on the XBox, allowing you to use your wireless network to access your broadband connection. Linksys has one which can be found here. I am currently using a few of these (one for each of my game systems, and one for my MP3 player which is connected to my home entertainment center). They're easy to set up and give you up to 11 mbps throughput, which is more than enough to play your games online.

AJ

Sweet, thanks avdven!