OpenWatcom C/C++

Thread: OpenWatcom C/C++

OpenWatcom C/C++

Many years ago did I work a little bit with Sybase Watcom C/C++. I used it as a beta tester to debug and help with the development of BBS third party softwares under DOS & OS/2.

I decided that I should start over again and begin programming again. I was sad to see that Sybase had discontinued the development of Wacom. But I found a nice article and with that article as help did I find a intersting place on the Internet.

Source: Open Watcom.

Open Watcom is a joint effort between SciTech Software Inc, Sybase®, and the Open Source development community to maintain and enhance the Sybase Watcom C/C++ and Fortran compiler products. Plans for Open Watcom include porting the compiler to the Linux and FreeBSD platforms, as well as updating the compilers to support the latest C and C++ ANSI standards.
    I have to say that I love Open Source software and hopefully will I find the Open Watcom as nice as the original Watcom C/C++ suite .

It would be nice if someone who use or have used OpenWatcom can tell his/her opinions.

~micael

i had read where they released the code to the community but i don't use it. i would imagine it could only get better this way. they haven't done anything with it in, what 10 years?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”